  • ku4a
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25 3:39 PM
      Thanks for all the posts, folks. Always helpful for someone like me who is new to the mode.

      I see W5ZIT running 250/8 right now on 14073. Looks like my fldigirol is decoding just fine. I may CQ in the neighborhood shortly. Right now the beam is pointed west from Kentucky.

      KU4A
    • ku4a
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25 3:44 PM
        I'm CQing just up from W6DLF and W5ZIT, and will stick around until 2300Z. Olivia 250/8.

        Chris
        KU4A
      • ku4a
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25 3:48 PM
          K6MQA spotted me on Hamspots.net. Looks like my xmit is OK

          KU4A
        • ku4a
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25 3:54 PM
            In QSO now with WD9DUI, 500/16. All seems working fine.

            KU4A
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 26 6:18 AM
              I understand hesitancy when starting out in digital. However, too many people just listen and hear nothing. People need to call CQ, preferably with TXID turned on!

              I can usually scare up a contact calling CQ. I start in my preferred, less common modes (Thor, MT-63, Domino, etc.) and if I don't come up with something, I move to the more common modes like Contestia.

              But if everyone listens and doesn't call CQ, of course the band will be empty.

              Ken WA8JXM