Re: CQ 14107

  • Tomas Hood
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
      Anyone still at 14.107 USB at 32/1000 ? And, center at 750Hz?

      I just tuned up, there. Will monitor for a short bit... then may call CQ

      --
      Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
      http://NW7US.us/

      Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
      CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

      Space Weather: http://sunspotwatch.com/

      Twitter NW7US : @NW7US ( http://Twitter.com/NW7US )

      Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

      The information contained in this communication is confidential,
      proprietary, and intended for the addressee(s). If you are not the
      intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
      dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication, or
      unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
      recipient, please delete this message and DO NOT ACT UPON, FORWARD,
      COPY, OR OTHERWISE DISSEMINATE IT OR ITS CONTENT
    • g0dor
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2013
        Hi guys.

        Here in Europe the freqs are different but I would never NOT answer a US station calling on 14.107 :)

        Might I suggest that you use one of the FREE ACCESS SDR radios to spot activity in Eu and maybe call on 'active' freqs.

        I use the WEB_SDR network http://www.websdr.org/

        The Dutch RX (Station 1) is particularly useable as its full HF coverage.

        Regards -Phil (G0DOR)

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
            These channels (14,105 - 14.106) etc. are often used around 0500 to 0700
            UTC for LP Eu - VK QSOs (OH2HN, OH/DK4ZC, HB9BDM, DJ2UK, DJ6PP and
            others from the Eu side).

            It should work also between VK and W on SP around these times, however I
            have never heard any US stations there. Will try to be QRV tomorrow 29th
            of July from 0500 UTC there. If signal strengths are not good enough we
            can use Olivia 8/250 or Contestia 8/125 for better S/N ratios.

            --
            73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com

            Tomas Hood wrote:
            > I'm on 14106.50 kHz 32/1000 USB calling CQ 0040 UTC 28 July 2013
            >
            > --
            > Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
            > http://NW7US.us/
            >
            > Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
            > CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications
            >
            > Space Weather: http://sunspotwatch.com/
            >
            > Twitter NW7US : @NW7US ( http://Twitter.com/NW7US )
            >
            > Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

          • Tomas Hood
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
              Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - on Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM, you <waldis@...> wrote:

              > These channels (14,105 - 14.106) etc. are often used around 0500 to 0700

              Tonight, I may be retired, already, for the evening, as I must work tomorrow morning.

              I will try to get close to that window of time, but I am not sure how the day is going.