Re: CQ 14107

  • ku4a
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
      I now have a dial setting of 14107, and will call CQ at 1000/32

      Chris
      KU4A
    • Tomas Hood
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
        Anyone still at 14.107 USB at 32/1000 ? And, center at 750Hz?

        I just tuned up, there. Will monitor for a short bit... then may call CQ

        --
        Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
        http://NW7US.us/

        Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
        CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications

        Space Weather: http://sunspotwatch.com/

        Twitter NW7US : @NW7US ( http://Twitter.com/NW7US )

        Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

        The information contained in this communication is confidential,
        proprietary, and intended for the addressee(s). If you are not the
        intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
        dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication, or
        unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
        recipient, please delete this message and DO NOT ACT UPON, FORWARD,
        COPY, OR OTHERWISE DISSEMINATE IT OR ITS CONTENT
      • g0dor
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 2013
          Hi guys.

          Here in Europe the freqs are different but I would never NOT answer a US station calling on 14.107 :)

          Might I suggest that you use one of the FREE ACCESS SDR radios to spot activity in Eu and maybe call on 'active' freqs.

          I use the WEB_SDR network http://www.websdr.org/

          The Dutch RX (Station 1) is particularly useable as its full HF coverage.

          Regards -Phil (G0DOR)

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
              These channels (14,105 - 14.106) etc. are often used around 0500 to 0700
              UTC for LP Eu - VK QSOs (OH2HN, OH/DK4ZC, HB9BDM, DJ2UK, DJ6PP and
              others from the Eu side).

              It should work also between VK and W on SP around these times, however I
              have never heard any US stations there. Will try to be QRV tomorrow 29th
              of July from 0500 UTC there. If signal strengths are not good enough we
              can use Olivia 8/250 or Contestia 8/125 for better S/N ratios.

              --
              73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com

              Tomas Hood wrote:
              > I'm on 14106.50 kHz 32/1000 USB calling CQ 0040 UTC 28 July 2013
              >
              > --
              > Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
              > http://NW7US.us/
              >
              > Contributing editor, Propagation Column:
              > CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications
              >
              > Space Weather: http://sunspotwatch.com/
              >
              > Twitter NW7US : @NW7US ( http://Twitter.com/NW7US )
              >
              > Linux User #32405 - Since 1996

            • Tomas Hood
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
                Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - on Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM, you <waldis@...> wrote:

                > These channels (14,105 - 14.106) etc. are often used around 0500 to 0700

                Tonight, I may be retired, already, for the evening, as I must work tomorrow morning.

                I will try to get close to that window of time, but I am not sure how the day is going.