Re: [olivia] MFSK Help

  • WD9DUI
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      Bill:
          Try to keep an eye on the –spots--
      this will tell you where the action is,
      most of the data shows up above the PSK freqs, 14073 and above on 20m , make sure the –RSID- is working so you can find folks..
      73
      Gary WD9DUI

      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:27 AM
      Subject: [olivia] MFSK Help

      HI all,

      Just a newcomer here, can someone suggest some freqs on 20m that I might copy an MFSK 16 signal, tried for a week with 14078/79, 104.5 & up, all I get is garbage, have several programs, Fldigi etc. Maybe I'm Not used to seeing an MFSK signal.Thanks for any help with Olivia//MFSK modes.

      Bill, VO1OR
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013

        On Feb 28, 2013, at 1:52 PM, WD9DUI wrote:

         make sure the –RSID- is working so you can find folks..

        Make sure your TXID is on if you are calling CQ, especially with a less common mode.

        Ken
      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
          HI all,

          Please check out http://hflink.com/ for info on digital frequencies.

          Also take into account the width of your signal. It appears to me to be an ever increasing number of digital signals squeezing the PSK portion of the band.

          73
          John VE1CDD

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013

            On Feb 28, 2013, at 5:27 PM, John wrote:

            Please check out http://hflink.com/ for info on digital frequencies.

            Personally I have not found that web page to reflect actual operation.

            Also take into account the width of your signal. It appears to me to be an ever increasing number of digital signals squeezing the PSK portion of the band.

            Perhaps you should speak to which specific bands you see such a problem in?   Oh, and where is there a list of the "official" PSK portions of the bands?

            73,
            Ken WA8JXM