Re: [olivia] Easy starting software for Olivia

  • Mike Miller
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
      What software are you using for PSK?

      I use FLDigi and it does many modes including Olivia and isn't
      usually difficult to set up. It will run on Windows, Linux or
      Mac.

      73
      Mike kc9doa

      On 10 Jan 2013 at 23:20, Robert wrote:

      > I have used PSK31 with no problem. Can someone suggest the
      > best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.
      > Thanks - K9ZLU - www.luetzow.us

      > To stop email, send an email to:
      > oliviadata-nomail@yahoogroups.com

    • Ryan, KB8RCR
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
        Not only is FLdigi cross-platformable it is also becoming the standard in Michigan for NTS and ARES communications (digitally speaking that is) as of it’s ease of use and the functionality of the FLmsg program for sending messages.

        Ryan KB8RCR

        Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:11 PM
        Subject: Re: [olivia] Easy starting software for Olivia

        Robert,

        First of all, it depends on your computer platform. As far as I know, fldigi is the only commonly used program that runs on all three common platforms (Windows, Linux, and Macintosh). fldigi is an excellent program that covers most of the commonly used digital modes (including Olivia). You can download it from www.w1hkj.com It is free.

        73,
        Ken WA8JXM

        On Jan 10, 2013, at 6:20 PM, Robert wrote:

        > I have used PSK31 with no
        problem. Can someone suggest the best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.

      • Robert Luetzow
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
          I am using winpskse223 and have tried several others such as CW Decoder.    I have down looaded FlDigi and for a free program all I can say is WOW!!  It will be Sunday before I can try it on the air, but at this point in time, it looks great.  Thanks to everyone who have answered my email. - K9ZLU
          I use FLDigi and it does many modes including Olivia and isn't
          usually difficult to set up. It will run on Windows, Linux or
          Mac.

          73
          Mike kc9doa

          On 10 Jan 2013 at 23:20, Robert wrote:

          > I have used PSK31 with  no problem. Can someone suggest the
          > best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.
          > Thanks  -  K9ZLU  -  www.luetzow.us

          > To stop email, send an email to:
          > oliviadata-nomail@yahoogroups.com

          .

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              oliviadata-digest@yahoogroups.com
              oliviadata-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Brian Morrison
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
            On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:27:32 -0800 (PST)
            Robert Luetzow wrote:

            > I have down looaded FlDigi and for a free program

            Don't forget that it is free as in speech rather than free as in beer!

            http://www.fsf.org

            --

            Brian Morrison