Easy starting software for Olivia

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
      I have used PSK31 with no problem. Can someone suggest the best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.
      Thanks - K9ZLU - www.luetzow.us
    • Paul Cavnar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
        Message
        Hi Robert -

        There are a couple of programs that support Olivia.  I have used all of them at some point.  My preference is FLdigi because it functions very well with that mode and many others aside from PSK31.  It is also quite easy to configure, customize and the best part is that it is free.  Here's the URL: http://www.w1hkj.com

        73, Paul - AE7VT

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
          Robert,

          First of all, it depends on your computer platform. As far as I know, fldigi is the only commonly used program that runs on all three common platforms (Windows, Linux, and Macintosh). fldigi is an excellent program that covers most of the commonly used digital modes (including Olivia). You can download it from www.w1hkj.com It is free.

          73,
          Ken WA8JXM

          On Jan 10, 2013, at 6:20 PM, Robert wrote:

          > I have used PSK31 with no problem. Can someone suggest the best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.
        • Mike Miller
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
            What software are you using for PSK?

            I use FLDigi and it does many modes including Olivia and isn't
            usually difficult to set up. It will run on Windows, Linux or
            Mac.

            73
            Mike kc9doa

            On 10 Jan 2013 at 23:20, Robert wrote:

            > I have used PSK31 with no problem. Can someone suggest the
            > best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.
            > Thanks - K9ZLU - www.luetzow.us

            > To stop email, send an email to:
            > oliviadata-nomail@yahoogroups.com

          • Ryan, KB8RCR
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
              Not only is FLdigi cross-platformable it is also becoming the standard in Michigan for NTS and ARES communications (digitally speaking that is) as of it’s ease of use and the functionality of the FLmsg program for sending messages.

              Ryan KB8RCR

              Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:11 PM
              Subject: Re: [olivia] Easy starting software for Olivia

              Robert,

              First of all, it depends on your computer platform. As far as I know, fldigi is the only commonly used program that runs on all three common platforms (Windows, Linux, and Macintosh). fldigi is an excellent program that covers most of the commonly used digital modes (including Olivia). You can download it from www.w1hkj.com It is free.

              73,
              Ken WA8JXM

              On Jan 10, 2013, at 6:20 PM, Robert wrote:

              > I have used PSK31 with no
              problem. Can someone suggest the best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.

            • Robert Luetzow
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
                I am using winpskse223 and have tried several others such as CW Decoder.    I have down looaded FlDigi and for a free program all I can say is WOW!!  It will be Sunday before I can try it on the air, but at this point in time, it looks great.  Thanks to everyone who have answered my email. - K9ZLU
                I use FLDigi and it does many modes including Olivia and isn't
                usually difficult to set up. It will run on Windows, Linux or
                Mac.

                73
                Mike kc9doa

                On 10 Jan 2013 at 23:20, Robert wrote:

                > I have used PSK31 with  no problem. Can someone suggest the
                > best program and methods for the first Olivia communication.
                > Thanks  -  K9ZLU  -  www.luetzow.us

                > To stop email, send an email to:
                > oliviadata-nomail@yahoogroups.com

                .

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    oliviadata-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    oliviadata-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Brian Morrison
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 11, 2013
                  On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:27:32 -0800 (PST)
                  Robert Luetzow wrote:

                  > I have down looaded FlDigi and for a free program

                  Don't forget that it is free as in speech rather than free as in beer!

                  http://www.fsf.org

                  --

                  Brian Morrison