Re: [olivia] Top Band

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 27, 2012
      From: Ken Meinken <ken.meinken@...>
      Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 Time: 15:00:40

      >No, Ian, I don't think it will help the OP at all. The OP specifically
      >asked about Olivia and I don't even see that mentioned on your chart.

      How embarrassing! You're absolutely right.

      >To the OP, I've found a little bit of Olivia/Contestia/etc. around
      >1838-1840.

      I will add this to the chart.

      >While I admit that 160 is chaos, your "bandplan" doesn't reflect the
      >reality for digital modes as far as the U.S. is concerned.

      The chart specifically is *not* a "bandplan" (although the Regional
      Bandplans were included for reference). I am just reporting the "chaos".

      If anyone has any further updates of *actual* activity, please let me
      know.

      Ian, G3NRW

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 27, 2012
        Ian,

        Just to be clear, my "1838-1840" was center frequency, so 1836-1838 would be the dial frequencies, which fits with what a few others have reported.

        73,
        Ken WA8JXM

        On Nov 27, 2012, at 4:13 AM, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:

        >> To the OP, I've found a little bit of Olivia/Contestia/etc. around
        >> 1838-1840.
        >>

        > I will add this to the chart.
      • John Tate
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 27, 2012
          That brings up a great point.  I always use my center frequency when referencing my digital modes.  Dial frequency for phone.  It just makes more sense to me. :)

          73 John KX5JT

          Just to be clear, my "1838-1840" was center frequency, so 1836-1838 would be the dial frequencies, which fits with what a few others have reported.

          73,
          Ken WA8JXM

          On Nov 27, 2012, at 4:13 AM, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:

          >> To the OP, I've found a little bit of Olivia/Contestia/etc. around
          >> 1838-1840.
          >>

          > I will add this to the chart.

          Recent Activity:
            --
            CQ Frequency Olivia 500/16 = 14076.4kHz (center)
            To change

            Message 4 of 19 , Nov 27, 2012

              On Nov 27, 2012, at 8:56 PM, John Tate wrote:

              That brings up a great point.  I always use my center frequency when referencing my digital modes.  Dial frequency for phone.  It just makes more sense to me. :)

              John,

              I agree with you.   Unless an offset is given, a dial frequency is somewhat vague and could be off by 1200 Hz or more.

              Ken WA8JXM