Re: [olivia] recommended freq for olivia.

  • Tom DF5JL
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2012
      Hi Dave, hi Ken

      Am 25.09.12 05:11, schrieb Ken Meinken:
      > The "reality" is that most non-PSK digital operation happens just above
      > the common PSK frequencies. On 40m, that's 7036.

      That is true, Ken. But even the footer of our yahoo group mails gives
      less orientation when it is said, " CQ Frequency Olivia 500/16 =
      14076.4kHz (center)".

      Here at IARU region 1 non-psk operations happens lightly above the psk
      QRGs, too. But for the 40-m-band IARU recommends for digital modes with
      a bandwidth up to 500 Hertz now (i.e. starting at March 29, 2009) to use
      frequencies above 7040 kHz. So you'll find olivia operations in region 1
      mostly at about 7043 kHz. At 30 m most olivia traffic in region 1
      happens around 10143 kHz. IARU recommends to use frequencies for
      digimodes operations with a bandwidth up to 500 Hz above 10140 kHz.

      Not to forget to mention that you can notice olivia 32/1000 at 14106.5,
      14107.5 and 14108.5 kHz.

      73 Tom DF5JL