Re: sked anyone

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 22, 2012
      To explain the reasoning for picking the 10m frequency that I did: I did not see anyone else on the waterfall, I saw that there was 10m activity as posted on pskreporter, the frequency I chose is the one posted at HFLINK as the proposed 10m Olivia frequency, I am not aware that jt65 has any proposed 10m frequency, although I do see the frequency reports on pskreporter. I am well aware that "interrupting" another QSO is rude and I will certainly always take care that I am not falling into someone else's conversation, as best as I can avoid it. I agree that no one has the exclusive privilege to a frequency, be it Olivia or any other mode.

      Wishing all a good weekend,

      vy 73 de Marcus KD0JKM
    • John Tate
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 23, 2012
        Did this "Frequency Cop" use his callsign?  More often than not they do not.  If he did, let us know what it is because I will certainly send him an email about courtesy and legality.

        73 de KX5JT

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 23, 2012
          Yes, I have his callsign,,, he's in Cuba, no big deal.
          I logged him on QRZ.
          It was a rare rude encounter out of a couple of thousand digital contacts in my short year and a half working digital.

          The people I meet and talk to in the digital modes are the most polite and friendly hams anywhere.
          KT4EP