Re: sked anyone

  • Marcus KD0JKM
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 20, 2012
      CQ CQ 28076.75 Center    Olivia 16/500

      vy 73 de KD0JKM Marcus

      ---

    • Mark Mark
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 21, 2012
        that freq clashes perfectly with jt65-hf on 28.076.0 +/-
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 21, 2012
          On Sep 21, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Mark Mark wrote:

          > that freq clashes perfectly with jt65-hf on 28.076.0 +/-

          Seems to me that the JT-65 folks have just plopped down in the middle of other digital users and now feel the frequency is theirs exclusively.

          Ken WA8JXM
        • Keith
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 22, 2012
            Like most modes of amateur radio, its a matter of civility and common courtesy. I called out CQ with Olivia the other day on 28.1215 (28.123) and a fellow came back and suggested I move up out of the psk31 area. Excuse me? There was only one psk31 signal in the area and the band was rated as poor at the time. I'd been calling CQ in psk31 mode for 30 minutes with no replies.

            I've noticed the JT65 operators more frequently in the middle of 14.070 and 10.140. Ditto for the CW guys in the middle of so-called psk31 territory. It doesn't matter to me. The band areas are for digital (rtty & data) communications. No mode "owns" a slice of the pie. I share the band and/or move up or down a bit.

            And I won't elaborate on the times I have called CQ or been in the middle of a QSO and someone transmits on top of me and the other fellow. I understand sometimes you don't see the other signals on your waterfall,,,

            see you on the waterfall,
            Keith
            KT4EP
          • Marcus
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 22, 2012
              To explain the reasoning for picking the 10m frequency that I did: I did not see anyone else on the waterfall, I saw that there was 10m activity as posted on pskreporter, the frequency I chose is the one posted at HFLINK as the proposed 10m Olivia frequency, I am not aware that jt65 has any proposed 10m frequency, although I do see the frequency reports on pskreporter. I am well aware that "interrupting" another QSO is rude and I will certainly always take care that I am not falling into someone else's conversation, as best as I can avoid it. I agree that no one has the exclusive privilege to a frequency, be it Olivia or any other mode.

              Wishing all a good weekend,

              vy 73 de Marcus KD0JKM
            • John Tate
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 23, 2012
                Did this "Frequency Cop" use his callsign?  More often than not they do not.  If he did, let us know what it is because I will certainly send him an email about courtesy and legality.

                73 de KX5JT

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 23, 2012
                  Yes, I have his callsign,,, he's in Cuba, no big deal.
                  I logged him on QRZ.
                  It was a rare rude encounter out of a couple of thousand digital contacts in my short year and a half working digital.

                  The people I meet and talk to in the digital modes are the most polite and friendly hams anywhere.
                  KT4EP