New TS-590S HOWTO: Digital QuickStart

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 1:43 PM
      When writing my SSB Audio Handling TechNote recently, I wanted to check
      out some of the more well-known digital communications packages to make
      sure they worked as expected. I made some brief configuration notes as I
      went along, and I have now put these notes into a new HOWTO.

      Go to the TS-590S Resources Page:

      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm

      Scroll down to the "HOWTOs" section, then click on the link:

      "TS-590S HOWTO: Digital QuickStart"

      The notes for each package are very brief, but hopefully just enough to
      get started.

      Ian, G3NRW

      The TS-590S Resources Page:
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/ts-590s.htm
    • g0dor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 4:46 AM
        Hi Ian (and group)

        A really neat bit of work and directly related to a subject I have been looking at for some time ( see MixW group).

        One comment though. You dont quote which operating system it applies too.

        I suspect its Windows XP.

        Does it also apply to Windows 7 please?

        I have all sorts of problems with W7 audio, admittedly not feeding via USB.

        I am currently looking at a brand new laptop that only runs the Mic on full volume with 'boosted' input.

        All attempts to turn it off fail on reboot

        Regards - Phil (G0DOR)
      • Ian Wade G3NRW
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4 5:56 AM
          From: g0dor <phil.davidson@...>
          Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 Time: 11:46:28

          >One comment though. You dont quote which operating system it applies
          >too.
          >I suspect its Windows XP.

          Phil

          Yes, the notes do apply to XP. I should have said so.

          I don't have a Win7 system here at the moment, but I am planning to
          purchase one soon. I will update the HOWTO when I discover how to make
          Win7 audio work.

          Ian, G3NRW
        • g0dor
          Message 4 of 4 , May 24 2:36 PM
            Hi Ian. sri for late reply and thak you.

            Regards - Phil