Re: Just had my 14th 60mtr Olivia QSO ...

  • stevekb6hoh
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
      Hey Gary,

      I guess I need to get the MOD done on my Icom IC-718.
      What channel/Freq were you on? Dial Freq that is!

      Steve KB6HOH in the SF Bay Area

      --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "garylinnrobinson" <grobin1949@...> wrote:

      > Despite the fact that the A.R.R.L. wanted everyone to NOT use anything but pactor or psk I have had 14 QSO's on the 60mtrs band since the new rules went into effect. While the A.R.R.L. needed clarification, I did not. I can read and did read the actual published rules - the entire 22 page document more than 10 times.
      >
      > Today, about 4 hours ago the A.R.R.L. posted an article on their web site saying the NTIA clarified that they have NO objection to hams using any documented digital mode (which includes Olivia and most others) as long as it fits in the 2.8khz bandwith of the channels allocated to ham radio. And as long as we follow the published rules.
      >
      > I am an A.R.R.L. member and I pay for the right to give my opinions about the A.R.R.L. I think it was rather obvious how the NTIA felt after reading the 22 page document. I suspect the A.R.R.L. just had an agenda of their own. Anyhow that is my opinion BUT the fact is the NTIA gave input to the F.C.C. and the F.C.C. tells us what to do. And they both were OK with all the modes.
      >
      > ---Gary WB8ROL

    • Gary L. Robinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012
        Steve,
             I use whatever channel I can find that is NOT in use.  I have had most of my QSo's on channels 1,2,3, and 5 and for some reason NOT on channel 4 much BUT it just depends on what is NOT being used at the time.

        ----Gary WB8ROL

        Channel        Carrier         Center
        1                     5330.5         5332.0
        2                     5346.5         5348.0
        3                     5357.0         5358.5
        4                     5371.5         5373.0
        5                     5403.5         5405.0

        --

        Gary L. Robinson
        WB8ROL