Re: [olivia] 160M Olivia

  • Brian Morrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
      On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:43:12 -0000
      "Bob B" <bob.medialab@...> wrote:

      > What is the established 160m frequency for Olivia?

      According to HFlink.com, the frequencies are:

      1808
      1808.5

      1838 (Region 1)
      1838.5 (Region 1)

      This is for 16/500 and a 750Hz centre frequency offset is expected, the
      numbers given are for USB dial frequency.

      I don't know whether these are correct, much used or indeed anything

      --

      Brian Morrison G8SEZ
    • Ken Meinken
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
          Sorry for the empty reply.

          The only digital activity I've heard (stateside) is around 1836-1840. PSK and JT-65 at the lower part of that range. I've had Thor/Contestia/Olivia/MT-63 contacts around 1838 but digital activity seems scare on the Top Band.

          After finally getting an half decent antenna up for 160, I've been disappointed with the band, most of the activity seems to be either contest or DX oriented for both digital as well as CW.

          73, Ken WA8JXM

          On Jan 8, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Bob B wrote:

          > What is the established 160m frequency for Olivia? I was on last night calling CQ for about an hour with no takers, and then switched to PSK with the same results.
        • Bob Baillargeon
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
            I will be on later this evening around 0230 on 1.838 using Olivia.
            Hope to hear more activity on this band.

            Bob VE3MPG