Re: [olivia] 160M Olivia

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
      On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:41 PM, ab9ta wrote:

      > Speaking of getting on 80M for the winter, anyone planning on operating on 160M this winter?
      > So far, I haven't heard any Olivia on 160M just yet, nor any PSK for that matter. All I've really seen so far is some JT..
      > As I remember, most activity was in the area of 1835-1840 KHz

      I have had an MFSK-16 and an Olivia contact on 160. I haven't done much on the Top Band so far since I'm still using a low 80m dipole. But I'm close to getting an inverted L for 160 operational.

      Too bad the sunspot cycle is picking up, LOL. I am one who would rather have 160m than 10m ;-)

      Ken WA8JXM
    • Bob B
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
        What is the established 160m frequency for Olivia? I was on last night calling CQ for about an hour with no takers, and then switched to PSK with the same results.

        Bob VE3MPG

        --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Ken Meinken <ken.meinken@...> wrote:

        > On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:41 PM, ab9ta wrote:
        >
        > > Speaking of getting on 80M for the winter, anyone planning on operating on 160M this winter?
        > > So far, I haven't heard any Olivia on 160M just yet, nor any PSK for that matter. All I've really seen so far is some JT..
        > > As I remember, most activity was in the area of 1835-1840 KHz
        >

        > I have had an MFSK-16 and an Olivia contact on 160. I haven't done much on the Top Band so far since I'm still using a low 80m dipole. But I'm close to getting an inverted L for 160 operational.
        >
        > Too bad the sunspot cycle is picking up, LOL. I am one who would rather have 160m than 10m ;-)
        >
        > Ken WA8JXM

      • Brian Morrison
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
          On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 15:43:12 -0000
          "Bob B" <bob.medialab@...> wrote:

          > What is the established 160m frequency for Olivia?

          According to HFlink.com, the frequencies are:

          1808
          1808.5

          1838 (Region 1)
          1838.5 (Region 1)

          This is for 16/500 and a 750Hz centre frequency offset is expected, the
          numbers given are for USB dial frequency.

          I don't know whether these are correct, much used or indeed anything

          --

          Brian Morrison G8SEZ
        • Ken Meinken
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
              Sorry for the empty reply.

              The only digital activity I've heard (stateside) is around 1836-1840. PSK and JT-65 at the lower part of that range. I've had Thor/Contestia/Olivia/MT-63 contacts around 1838 but digital activity seems scare on the Top Band.

              After finally getting an half decent antenna up for 160, I've been disappointed with the band, most of the activity seems to be either contest or DX oriented for both digital as well as CW.

              73, Ken WA8JXM

              On Jan 8, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Bob B wrote:

              > What is the established 160m frequency for Olivia? I was on last night calling CQ for about an hour with no takers, and then switched to PSK with the same results.
            • Bob Baillargeon
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
                I will be on later this evening around 0230 on 1.838 using Olivia.
                Hope to hear more activity on this band.

                Bob VE3MPG