The rest of the bands...

  • Tomas Hood
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
      Well, even if we yet cannot use Olivia on 60 meters, I'm enjoying it on
      the other bands. Right now, in QSO on 20m (14.07221 Dial frequency, USB,
      750 Hz waterfall center). I sure love this mode for general QSO. The
      other station is fading deeply, and with Sync set to 8 (in DM780) I am
      still getting 100% print.

      Tomas David Hood
      Hamilton, Montana

      <http://nw7us.us/>

      Contributing editor, Propagation Columns:
      CQ Magazine, CQ VHF, Popular Communications
      <http://sunspotwatch.com/>

      Facebook:
      <http://www.facebook.com/spacewx.hfradio>
      <http://www.facebook.com/NW7US>

      Twitter Space WX : @hfradiospacewx
      Twitter NW7US : @NW7US

      Linux User #32405 - Since 1996
      ..
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2011
        I agree Thomas. Lately I have been making a ton of contacts on Olivia on virtually all bands except 60 and 6mtrs. And I don't have a 6mtr antenna right now or I suspect I could make some more on that band too.
        I think the new rule making DOES allow use of Olivia on 60mtrs BUT it is NOT worth arguing about. It will all be clarified long before the rule making takes effect AND THEN we will all know for certain what the deal is hihi

        ---Gary WB8ROL