Contestia Re: [olivia] Update 20m Olivia Freqs: HFLINK.COM/OLIVIA

  • expeditionradio
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 8, 2011
      Contestia is a good mode.
      But it is such a bad choice for a mode name,
      that it turns off many possible users.

      And yes, I already know that it is intended to be
      a faster mode with easier use for contesting.

      Bonnie KQ6XA, VR2KQ6XA

      --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Jaak Hohensee <jaak.hohensee@...> wrote:
      > Contestia 250/8 seems new default format
      > and freely in band somewhere after bpsk.
      > 73, Jaak
      > es1hj

    • Jaak Hohensee
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 8, 2011

        8.10.2011 10:29, expeditionradio kirjutas:
        Contestia is a good mode.
        But it is such a bad choice for a mode name,
        that it turns off many possible users.
        Yes. The Contestia is bad choise for mode name. Gary, WB8ROL write:  It can best be described as "Olivia LITE" and additional information is available elsewhere on this site.  It is already my 2nd favorite mode and has a little magic of it's own too! http://www.oliviamode.com/aboutme.htm
        OliviaLE (Light Edition) is better. Like DominoEX vrs Domino. How to originate the renaming?

        --
        73, Jaak
        es1hj