Re: R: [olivia] Re: How to receive Olivia ?

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 2, 2010
      Fldigi is for Linux Windows and Mac ,go to fldigi site and download
      the windows xp uppwards version your late afternoon is our very esrly
      morning and I am sleeping hi de Pete zl2aub

      Ugo wrote:

      > I tried to download FLDIGI, but it seem to be only for Linux, doesn't it ?
      > Probably it's a my mystake, I don't know.
      > I'm using both MixW and MultiPSK (only to receive) but the problem is
      > that I'm not able to find a good signal in 160 or 80 or 40 meters when
      > I can listen to.
      > I can do it only in the late afternoon, and the propagation (in my
      > side...) at these times is good only below 10 Mhz.
      > But the result is that, at the moment, I didn't receive Olivia !!!
      > Sigh !!!
      >
      > 73 de Ugo

    • Pete
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 2, 2010
        Yes Ugo nice to see you up and running and dont be supprised Olivia is
        a great "low signal level mode " I have many a qso where I cannot hear
        or some time see activity on the waterfall would be nice to get more of
        the PSK31 boys up at least with Olivia you get pretty well 100% print
        /// MFSK16 Domino Olivia Contestia do all sound very similar FLDIGI
        has a useful feature that recognises the "mode" and displays it on
        screen (RSID) 73 de Pete zl2aub

      • donroden@hiwaay.net
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 2, 2010
          I downloaded FLDIGI for XP, but it won't connect to my TS-2000.....
          Tried various configs , but would appreciate a little help. For what
          its worth, HRD connects at any speed that I set with menu 56, but
          FLDIGI times out. The TS-2000 icon "PC" comes on but the program
          errors out and dumps back to desktop.

          Don WA4NPL

          > FLDIGI was originally written for LINUX, but it has been available for
          > Windows for some time. I run it on a Windows XP system and it runs great.
          >
          > The Windows version is the 3rd download from the top of this page.
          >
          > http://www.w1hkj.com/Downloads.html
          >
          > The windows file is called fldigi-3.12.5_setup.exe.
          >
          > I like the program very much and recommend giving it a try.
          >
          > --
          > 73,
          >
          > Jonathan Helis, KB5IAV
          > Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA

        • Ugo
          Message 4 of 28 , Feb 2, 2010
            Hi Pete and all.
            Please, could you tell me more about this features of FLDIGI that allows  to recognise the mode ?
            Is it a standard feature of this software ?
            Good waves to all !!!
            73 de Ugo

            Ugo wrote:

            > Wow !
            > At the end
            I was able to receive/decode Olivia, in 80 mt.
            > I was surprised about it
            and because it's possible to decode it also
            > when the signal is a little
            more than the noise !
            > Fantastic !
            >
            > I've a question and
            I hope not to be off topic : does Olivia sounds
            > similar Domino ? I'm
            not sure to have decoded a Domino qso when I was
            > looking for Olivia and
            their "sounds" seems similar.
            > Is it correct or not ?
            > Thank you
            very much for your help.

            Kunath <k9ao@charter. net

            wrote:
            >> > GM,
            >> > Thank you for the
            links.
            >> > I've gone now to the download site but have some
            questions about
            >> what to do
            >> > for my laptop which
            uses Vista.
            href="http://www.w1hkj.com/fldigi-distro/fldigi-3.12.5_setup.exe">http://www.w1hkj. com/fldigi- distro/fldigi- 3.12.5_setup. exe" to my
            >> desktop.
            >> > I don't understand what the 'wrap'
            does; do I download only the
            >> wrap for

            windows?

            href="http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html">http://www.w1hkj. com/Fldigi. html

            Look for the Beginners Guide and the Online Help links about 2/3 of the
            >> way down the page.
            >>
            >> Rick Kunath,
            k9ao

            02/02/10 19:35:00

          • Mike Miller
            Message 5 of 28 , Feb 3, 2010
              Hi Don,

              I use FLdigi with my TS-2000 and XP Pro sp3 and it worked fine
              with Windows2000 Pro sp4.

              I use Hamlib, with Kenwood T-2000 (Beta) selected in the Rig
              drop down menu. I have RTS/CTS flow control checked. I use com2
              at 57600, but whatever matches your rig should work, All other
              settings are the defaults. Remember you have to click initialize
              for the setting to take effect.

              FLdigi wants the TS-2000 powered on when you start the program
              and close the program before powering down the rig.

              73
              Mike kc9doa

              On 2 Feb 2010 at 23:46, donroden@... wrote:

              > I downloaded FLDIGI for XP, but it won't connect to my
              > TS-2000.....
              > Tried various configs , but would appreciate a little help.
              > For what
              > its worth, HRD connects at any speed that I set with menu 56,
              > but
              > FLDIGI times out. The TS-2000 icon "PC" comes on but the
              > program
              > errors out and dumps back to desktop.
              >
              > Don WA4NPL
              >

              > > FLDIGI was originally written for LINUX, but it has been
              > available for
              > > Windows for some time. I run it on a Windows XP system and
              > it runs great.
              > >
              > > The Windows version is the 3rd download from the top of this
              > page.
              > >
              > > http://www.w1hkj.com/Downloads.html
              > >
              > > The windows file is called fldigi-3.12.5_setup.exe.
              > >
              > > I like the program very much and recommend giving it a try.
              > >
              > > --
              > > 73,
              > >
              > > Jonathan Helis, KB5IAV
              > > Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA

              > To stop email, send an email to:
              > oliviadata-nomail@yahoogroups.com

            • Juergen
              Message 6 of 28 , Feb 3, 2010
                FLDIGI, Multipsk and DM780 use the RSID ( Reed Solomon Identifier) transmitted by the other station to determine the mode. If you switch on that feature for transmit the mode identification will be transmitted before your Olivia-, Domino-, Contestia- or whatsowever mode you have chosen transmission will start. The above programs are not only able to transmit the RSID but also to decode the RSID they detect in the waterfall which is monitored at the moment.

                As far as I remember the RSID was first introduced by Patrick, F6CTE, in his Multipsk, then FLDIGI and DM780. I don't know at the moment if there is any additional program which uses the RSID feature.