7 Mhz activity ?

  • A
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2010
      Hi All,

      Does anyone actually use 7.043.250 ?

      All the data I can find indicates that this should be the freq to get QSO's, but I'm yet to SEE, HEAR, or READ any signals on this freq.

      The only activity I've found has been on 7.038.250 +/- PSK & MFSK etc., and using 250/8, and the very few stations I have worked on 40m have not worked anyone on .043 !

      Is 7.043.250 still valid for Region 1 & 3 ?

      Is there anyone out there actually using 7.043.025 ?

      If not, then can anyone let me have the WHAT, WHERE, and WHEN regarding 40m Olivia activity, please.

      Cheers & 73's
      Dave, G3ZXX.
    • Zac A Taylor
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2010
        My rigblaster will be in pretty soon, I'll look for you there...

        Zac
        W7ZAT

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2010
          Once again those 'magnificent' bandplans are not worth the paper they are written on... <sigh> I've always been puzzled by 40m digi, not that I have spent much time there. I'm more commonly (when I actually find time) on 30m competing with Pactor. If you figure out what modes are working where on 40 I'd love to hear it!

          Maybe one day the bandplans will get revised with everyone at the table for a change and then we'll actually be able to convince everyone to live by them? Then again, I'm not holding my breath.

          Stu AF6IT

          --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "A" <repeater.keeper@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > Does anyone actually use 7.043.250 ?
          >
          > All the data I can find indicates that this should be the freq to get QSO's, but I'm yet to SEE, HEAR, or READ any signals on this freq.
          >
          > The only activity I've found has been on 7.038.250 +/- PSK & MFSK etc., and using 250/8, and the very few stations I have worked on 40m have not worked anyone on .043 !
          >
          > Is 7.043.250 still valid for Region 1 & 3 ?
          >
          > Is there anyone out there actually using 7.043.025 ?
          >
          > If not, then can anyone let me have the WHAT, WHERE, and WHEN regarding 40m Olivia activity, please.
          >
          > Cheers & 73's
          > Dave, G3ZXX.

        • Peter Martinsen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 16, 2010

            Hi

            7043.25 is here most used for lsb voice !

            73 de Peter OZ1PMX

          • Juergen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2010
              It will take time until the new Region I bandplan will be used even though we all should as this is a mandatory requirement. Between 7040 - 7050 khz ony 500 hz bandwidth are allowed but not 2700 hz.

              However: I have never found any Olivia activity in this part of the band over the last couple of months. Therefore I prefer to call cq just above the PSK activity but trying to use the channelised approach (i.e. use 7038.25 khz etc.). I am sure this will lead to more activity and - like on 80 m due to increased activity in PSK - Olivia will move up sooner or later to avoid interfering with PSK.

              --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Martinsen" <petermartinsen@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              >

              > 7043.25 is here most used for lsb voice !
              >

              > 73 de Peter OZ1PMX

            • Karl F. Larsen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 17, 2010
                Juergen wrote:
                > It will take time until the new Region I bandplan will be used even though we all should as this is a mandatory requirement. Between 7040 - 7050 khz ony 500 hz bandwidth are allowed but not 2700 hz.
                >
                > However: I have never found any Olivia activity in this part of the band over the last couple of months. Therefore I prefer to call cq just above the PSK activity but trying to use the channelised approach (i.e. use 7038.25 khz etc.). I am sure this will lead to more activity and - like on 80 m due to increased activity in PSK - Olivia will move up sooner or later to avoid interfering with PSK.

                In the 7.03 to 7.05 MHh band we in the USA and Canada try to
                have Fox Hunts from 0200 to 0330Z on Fridays. We are always
                being chased out by digital users I think PSK31. They are not
                always strong, but we are looking for a 5 watt Fox who is very
                weak.

                73 Karl

                --

                Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI