Re: [olivia] Re: Olivia and Flexradio

  • Erik Jakobsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2009
      turi8712 wrote:
      > --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "aalested" <eja@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hi.
      >>
      >> I have a Flex 5000A.
      >> Would be nice if I could get info on which software people are using for Olivia with this radio.
      >>
      >> I have used Fldigi, but have outstanding issue with it with my F5KA radio.
      >>
      >> 73s-Erik-OZ4KK
      >>

      > Hello Erik,
      > I have also a Flex 5000 A. I use Olivia with Mix W 2.18 and have tried it also with Fldigi. Both are working well.
      > 73s- Arthur - HB9LAM

      Hi Arthur.

      Thank you for your reply. Could I ask you to send me the set up showing :

      Audio=>VAC and CAT control ?.
      (For MixW)
      I have it running for Fldigi.

      73s-Erik-OZ4KK
    • turi8712
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
        Hello Erik,

        here my setting in Mix W 2.18 Hardware -> Audio
        Soundcard = Computer Soundcard
        In = Virtual Cable 2, Out = Virtual Cable 1, Rate = 12000
        ppm RX = 0, ppm TX = 0, Audiorecording 20 sec, Spec.Speed = 4x
        DSP-Filter = none, FFT Filter = Hamming, Fullduplex = ticked,
        Locking = ticked, Audio proc. = Callback func. (Direct X)

        these are my setting for CAT-Control ind Hardware -> PTT & CAT
        CAT = Kenwood, Model = All Kewoods,
        PTT & CAT interrface = COM 2 (57600) Detail = see below = not ticked
        (22 in PowerSDR - Setup - CatControl, using com0com)
        Save Frequ = ticked, Null-Frequ = not ticked, PTT via Cat = ticked,
        CW via Cat = ticked, CW Out via Soundc. = not ticked,
        CW is LSB = not ticked, AFS is FSK = ticked, CW pitch = 600,
        Digi-Mode = none, Mouse wheel = ticked, Sensitivity = 500,
        CAT-Correction Hz = 6 times = 0

        Details Connection = Com2, Baudrate = 57600, Databits = 8,
        Parity = none, Stopbit = 1, RTS = CW, DTR = PTT

        Hope this helps! 73 - Arthur HB9LAM

        --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Erik Jakobsen <eja@...> wrote:

        > turi8712 wrote:
        > > --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "aalested" <eja@> wrote:
        > >
        > >> Hi.
        > >>
        > >> I have a Flex 5000A.
        > >> Would be nice if I could get info on which software people are using for Olivia with this radio.
        > >>
        > >> I have used Fldigi, but have outstanding issue with it with my F5KA radio.
        > >>
        > >> 73s-Erik-OZ4KK
        > >>

        > > Hello Erik,
        > > I have also a Flex 5000 A. I use Olivia with Mix W 2.18 and have tried it also with Fldigi. Both are working well.
        > > 73s- Arthur - HB9LAM
        > >

        > Hi Arthur.
        >
        > Thank you for your reply. Could I ask you to send me the set up showing :
        >
        > Audio=>VAC and CAT control ?.
        > (For MixW)
        > I have it running for Fldigi.
        >
        > 73s-Erik-OZ4KK

      • Erik Jakobsen
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
          Hi Arthur.

          Thanks for your settings.
          I can see, that you use Com2. It also looks like it's set in com0com. Is
          that right?.
          I guess it is, and you have set Com 22 as the other com port for Com2 ?.

          73s-Erik-OZ4KK

          > Hello Erik,
          >
          > here my setting in Mix W 2.18 Hardware -> Audio
          > Soundcard = Computer Soundcard
          > In = Virtual Cable 2, Out = Virtual Cable 1, Rate = 12000
          > ppm RX = 0, ppm TX = 0, Audiorecording 20 sec, Spec.Speed = 4x
          > DSP-Filter = none, FFT Filter = Hamming, Fullduplex = ticked,
          > Locking = ticked, Audio proc. = Callback func. (Direct X)
          >
          > these are my setting for CAT-Control ind Hardware -> PTT & CAT
          > CAT = Kenwood, Model = All Kewoods,
          > PTT & CAT interrface = COM 2 (57600) Detail = see below = not ticked
          > (22 in PowerSDR - Setup - CatControl, using com0com)
          > Save Frequ = ticked, Null-Frequ = not ticked, PTT via Cat = ticked,
          > CW via Cat = ticked, CW Out via Soundc. = not ticked,
          > CW is LSB = not ticked, AFS is FSK = ticked, CW pitch = 600,
          > Digi-Mode = none, Mouse wheel = ticked, Sensitivity = 500,
          > CAT-Correction Hz = 6 times = 0
          >
          > Details Connection = Com2, Baudrate = 57600, Databits = 8,
          > Parity = none, Stopbit = 1, RTS = CW, DTR = PTT
          >
          > Hope this helps! 73 - Arthur HB9LAM
          >
          > --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Erik Jakobsen <eja@...> wrote:
          >
          >> turi8712 wrote:

          >>> Hello Erik,
          >>> I have also a Flex 5000 A. I use Olivia with Mix W 2.18 and have tried it also with Fldigi. Both are working well.
          >>> 73s- Arthur - HB9LAM
          >>>

          >> Hi Arthur.
          >>
          >> Thank you for your reply. Could I ask you to send me the set up showing :
          >>
          >> Audio=>VAC and CAT control ?.
          >> (For MixW)
          >> I have it running for Fldigi.
          >>
          >> 73s-Erik-OZ4KK

        • turi8712
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2009
            Hi Erik,
            Yes I use com0com with the ports 2 (MixW side) and 22 (Power SDR side)
            Have you had any success?

          • Erik Jakobsen
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2009
              Hi Arthur.

              All ok, No I have not had any luck so far, because of time HI.
              But I will try it out very soon.

              Tnx for the reply

              /Erik OZ4KK