Reed-Solomon ( ?? )

  • donroden@hiwaay.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17, 2009
      Quoting Pete <zl2aub@...>:

      > Thats the beauty of OLIVIA de Pete zl2aub

      I loaded the latest version of HRD and noticed that several monitored
      contacts produced a pop-up of an [RSID] while using DM780.

      It may have always been there, but I never noticed.

      What's the group's thoughts about beginning each contact or CQ with this ID ?

      Copy from DM780 help menus:

      Reed-Solomon IDs
      This idea was originally developed by Patrick Lindecker, F6CTE.

      The Reed-Solomon ID (RSID) is a short 16-tone MFSK transmission which
      identifies the mode in use. The RSID transmission is about 180Hz wide
      and lasts for just less than two seconds.

      You should enable RSID when using an 'exotic' mode such as Olivia so
      that users of programs with RSID support know what mode you are using.

      For a full list of modes supported by this program look in the Program
      Options for Modes + IDs.
    • JayC
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 17, 2009
        When calling CQ, I have RSID turned on, incase somebody doesn't know exactly what mode I'm running (when using Olivia that is).