Re: [olivia] Great QSO on 20m

  • Claudio
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 15, 2009
      I, m calling 250-16 14074 now tx/rx: 1000

    • donroden@hiwaay.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 17, 2009
        Quoting Pete <zl2aub@...>:

        > Thats the beauty of OLIVIA de Pete zl2aub

        I loaded the latest version of HRD and noticed that several monitored
        contacts produced a pop-up of an [RSID] while using DM780.

        It may have always been there, but I never noticed.

        What's the group's thoughts about beginning each contact or CQ with this ID ?

        Copy from DM780 help menus:

        Reed-Solomon IDs
        This idea was originally developed by Patrick Lindecker, F6CTE.

        The Reed-Solomon ID (RSID) is a short 16-tone MFSK transmission which
        identifies the mode in use. The RSID transmission is about 180Hz wide
        and lasts for just less than two seconds.

        You should enable RSID when using an 'exotic' mode such as Olivia so
        that users of programs with RSID support know what mode you are using.

        For a full list of modes supported by this program look in the Program
        Options for Modes + IDs.
      • JayC
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 17, 2009
          When calling CQ, I have RSID turned on, incase somebody doesn't know exactly what mode I'm running (when using Olivia that is).