Re: [olivia] Re: Olivia 250/4 mode ...

  • Simon (HB9DRV)
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 7, 2009
      Patrick (MultiPSK) has designed something called RSID which is in current fldigi releases and will be in the HRD/DM780 5.0 betas (July 2009).

      When enabled a ~2 second ID is sent before the transmission, this identifies the mode being used, making it much easier to use 'exotic' modes such as Olivia.

      So I expect this to be widely used by fldigi / MultiPSK / DM780 by the end of 2009. Sadly MixW doesn't seem to be actively developed any longer (I could be - and probably am wrong).

      Add this to cheap and cheerful SDR receivers and we'll all be rocking.

      Simon Brown, HB9DRV
      www.ham-radio-deluxe.com