Re: [olivia] Olivia Submode 8/125

  • Jaak Hohensee
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2009
      Waldis Jirgens wrote:

      Hi All,

      Here is a snippet from a QSO I did today around 0700 on 30m with DJ6PP.
      When we started out in Olivia 8/250 I could barely copy his callsign.
      Just when we wanted to give it away came the following exchange, where I
      suggested to try 8/125:

      My PathSim test yesterday results show, that 125/8 in poor propagation snr=-18dB, 7wpm
      More info www.edutee.net/digiqrp

      Jaak
      es1hj/qrp

      ------------ --------- --------- -------
      DJ6PP:
      :.+Yde dj6$4b^@4c8( V_s ok abeA doCh vers7EXx7Zj| rKjOoT}5} o0.(S;D mitwoch
      FgnAund"?pS8 aE-8igrsdF daalKF diOuenscvU dann einen scho= EnbV4<d nocG
      P'w% de d[^zbye bye 5E?sk |\&rE`%6W(m+ PJi#i

      VK1WJ:
      DJ6PP de VK1WJ RRR Rudolf versuchen wir 125/8 125/8 qrx qrx

      VK1WJ in 8/125:
      DJ6PP DJ6PP de VK1WJ VK1WJ VK1WJ GEHT DAS RUDOLF? kn

      DJ6PP in 8/125:
      rrrrr de dJ6pp djUpp ynn alleY lesen kann alles lesen btu btu vk1wj de
      dj6pp pse k
      ------------ --------- --------- -------
      After that we continued the QSO with near perfect copy for another 25
      minutes. Better than any theoretical calculation this shows how superior
      8/125 can be in poor condx!

      --
      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis. orgfree.com

      --
      Kirjutas ja tervitab
      Jaak Hohensee

    • dl8le
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2009
        Very interesting info, Jaak. Only one question: could you please add 32/1K to your excellent list?

        --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Jaak Hohensee <jaak.hohensee@...> wrote:

        > Waldis Jirgens wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > Here is a snippet from a QSO I did today around 0700 on 30m with DJ6PP.
        > > When we started out in Olivia 8/250 I could barely copy his callsign.
        > > Just when we wanted to give it away came the following exchange, where I
        > > suggested to try 8/125:
        > >
        > My PathSim test yesterday results show, that 125/8 in poor propagation
        > snr=-18dB, 7wpm
        > More info www.edutee.net/digiqrp
        >
        > Jaak
        > es1hj/qrp
        > >
        > > -------------------------------------
        > > DJ6PP:
        > > :.+Yde dj6$4b^@4c8(V_s ok abeA doCh vers7EXx7Zj|rKjOoT}5}o0.(S;D mitwoch
        > > FgnAund"?pS8 aE-8igrsdF daalKF diOuenscvU dann einen scho= EnbV4<d nocG
        > > P'w% de d[^zbye bye 5E?sk |\&rE`%6W(m+PJi#i
        > >
        > > VK1WJ:
        > > DJ6PP de VK1WJ RRR Rudolf versuchen wir 125/8 125/8 qrx qrx
        > >
        > > VK1WJ in 8/125:
        > > DJ6PP DJ6PP de VK1WJ VK1WJ VK1WJ GEHT DAS RUDOLF? kn
        > >
        > > DJ6PP in 8/125:
        > > rrrrr de dJ6pp djUpp ynn alleY lesen kann alles lesen btu btu vk1wj de
        > > dj6pp pse k
        > > -------------------------------------
        > > After that we continued the QSO with near perfect copy for another 25
        > > minutes. Better than any theoretical calculation this shows how superior
        > > 8/125 can be in poor condx!
        > >
        > > --
        > > 73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
        > > <http://ilgonis.orgfree.com>
        > >

        > --
        > Kirjutas ja tervitab
        > Jaak Hohensee

      • Jaak Hohensee
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2009
          dl8le wrote:

          Very interesting info, Jaak. Only one question: could you please add 32/1K to your excellent list?

          Done, but results only in pdf-file below the table
          http://www.edutee.net/digiqrp
          then Path Sim Tab

          1k/8 -10dB, Flutter Fading -12dB
          1k/32 -13dB, Flutter Fading -14dB