Olivia Submode 8/125

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2009
      Hi All,

      Here is a snippet from a QSO I did today around 0700 on 30m with DJ6PP.
      When we started out in Olivia 8/250 I could barely copy his callsign.
      Just when we wanted to give it away came the following exchange, where I
      suggested to try 8/125:
      -------------------------------------
      DJ6PP:
      :.+Yde dj6$4b^@4c8(V_s ok abeA doCh vers7EXx7Zj|rKjOoT}5}o0.(S;D mitwoch
      FgnAund"?pS8 aE-8igrsdF daalKF diOuenscvU dann einen scho= EnbV4<d nocG
      P'w% de d[^zbye bye 5E?sk |\&rE`%6W(m+PJi#i

      VK1WJ:
      DJ6PP de VK1WJ RRR Rudolf versuchen wir 125/8 125/8 qrx qrx

      VK1WJ in 8/125:
      DJ6PP DJ6PP de VK1WJ VK1WJ VK1WJ GEHT DAS RUDOLF? kn

      DJ6PP in 8/125:
      rrrrr de dJ6pp djUpp ynn alleY lesen kann alles lesen btu btu vk1wj de
      dj6pp pse k
      -------------------------------------
      After that we continued the QSO with near perfect copy for another 25
      minutes. Better than any theoretical calculation this shows how superior
      8/125 can be in poor condx!

      --
      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
    • Jaak Hohensee
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19 10:07 AM
        Waldis Jirgens wrote:

        Hi All,

        Here is a snippet from a QSO I did today around 0700 on 30m with DJ6PP.
        When we started out in Olivia 8/250 I could barely copy his callsign.
        Just when we wanted to give it away came the following exchange, where I
        suggested to try 8/125:

        My PathSim test yesterday results show, that 125/8 in poor propagation snr=-18dB, 7wpm
        More info www.edutee.net/digiqrp

        Jaak
        es1hj/qrp

        ------------ --------- --------- -------
[...]

        Kirjutas ja tervitab
        Jaak Hohensee

      • dl8le
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20 2:34 PM
          Very interesting info, Jaak. Only one question: could you please add 32/1K to your excellent list?

          --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Jaak Hohensee <jaak.hohensee@...> wrote:

          > Waldis Jirgens wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > Here is a snippet from a QSO I did today around 0700 on 30m with DJ6PP.
          > > When we started out in Olivia 8/250 I could barely copy his callsign.
          > > Just when we wanted to give it away came the following exchange, where I
          > > suggested to try 8/125:
          > >
          > My PathSim test yesterday results show, that 125/8 in poor propagation
          > snr=-18dB, 7wpm
          > More info www.edutee.net/digiqrp
          >
          > Jaak
          > es1hj/qrp
          > >
          > > -------------------------------------
          > > DJ6PP:
          > > :.+Yde dj6$4b^@4c8(V_s ok abeA doCh vers7EXx7Zj|rKjOoT}5}o0.(S;D mitwoch
          > > FgnAund"?pS8 aE-8igrsdF daalKF diOuenscvU dann einen scho= EnbV4<d nocG
          > > P'w% de d[^zbye bye 5E?sk |\&rE`%6W(m+PJi#i
          > >
          > > VK1WJ:
          > > DJ6PP de VK1WJ RRR Rudolf versuchen wir 125/8 125/8 qrx qrx
          > >
          > > VK1WJ in 8/125:
          > > DJ6PP DJ6PP de VK1WJ VK1WJ VK1WJ GEHT DAS RUDOLF? kn
          > >
          > > DJ6PP in 8/125:
          > > rrrrr de dJ6pp djUpp ynn alleY lesen kann alles lesen btu btu vk1wj de
          > > dj6pp pse k
          > > -------------------------------------
          > > After that we continued the QSO with near perfect copy for another 25
          > > minutes. Better than any theoretical calculation this shows how superior
          > > 8/125 can be in poor condx!
          > >
          > > --
          > > 73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
          > > <http://ilgonis.orgfree.com>
          > >

          > --
          > Kirjutas ja tervitab
          > Jaak Hohensee

        • Jaak Hohensee
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21 7:01 PM
            dl8le wrote:

            Very interesting info, Jaak. Only one question: could you please add 32/1K to your excellent list?

            Done, but results only in pdf-file below the table
            http://www.edutee.net/digiqrp
            then Path Sim Tab

            1k/8 -10dB, Flutter Fading -12dB
            1k/32 -13dB, Flutter Fading -14dB