Re: WSPR

  • tubenerd
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17 10:50 PM
      Check out the following site: http://wsprnet.org

      Lots of nice people willing the help. WSPR is now a QSO mode as well
      with the release of WSJT 7.0 beta.

      Brad WF7T

      --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimmed51@...> wrote:

      > I downloaded Whisper from Joe Taylor's site. The interface is a lot
      > like WSJT6 and it is very easy to use. The stream seems to be almost a
      > straight line with very little modulation. Also I have been looking
      > out for these transmissions but haven't seen any yet which brings me
      > to my question. Will there be or are there standard frequencies for
      > WSPR contacts? Also WSPR reminds me of Prop-psk in that it seems to
      > monitor set channels and reveal propagation patterns. Hopefully there
      > will be more info on WSPR to come.
      >
      > AB7JK

    • captcurt2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
        I actually had a first couple of QSO's via WSPR mode in WSJT 7 beta
        yesterday. It was in the middle of the jt65 area at 14.076 +. This
        made sense because they were identifiable as wspr mode, didn't
        interfere with the beacons--which can be hard to see unless really
        looking.

        It was pretty clear that the stations were not running really low
        beacon-type output--they would have really plastered the beacon
        segment. No issue in the jt65 area.

        I've been running jt65 from WSJT and also WSPR using the stand alone
        and also ver 7 beta for a while--this was my first QSO mode . Its
        kind of like watching the grass grow! unless one is working with
        really weak signals, it seems kind of redundant to jt65

        FWIW

        Curt
        KU8L