Re: [olivia] Re: external soundcard ?

  • Paul Playford
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
      I use QuickMix to automatically preset sound card levels (both record and
      play) for different programs.

      http://www.msaxon.com/quickmix/

      de Paul, W8AEF

      ZF2JL/ZF2TA FO8DX/FO8PLA 8Q7AA XZ0A VU7RG TX5C

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
        I used a BuxComm Rascal for several years and a few weeks ago I
        started using the SignalLink USB. It is really nice, easy to set up,
        and easy to use.

        If I had known how nice it was I would have gotten one sooner. It's
        internal soundcard seems to work better than my computer soundcard and
        have had several great Olivia QSO's on 160 with it as well as many on
        other bands, too.

        It works easily on my Kubuntu Linux computer as well as Windows.

        I do a lot of other work on my computer too AND it really helps out to
        NOT have to use my computer sound card for my digital QSO's. Makes it
        easier to surf the web WHILE I am in QSO and NOT be afraid of
        broadcasting sounds from web pages. And I haven't had to touch any
        settings on the unit since I initially set the levels.

        Can't get much easier unless it did my typing for me hihi!

        --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, donroden@... wrote:

        > If permissible, could anyone with experience with the Tigertronics
        > Signalink USB please give a review ? Does it work any better than the
        > usual built-in
        > computer soundcards ?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Looking forward to trying Olivia on 160 meters.
        >
        > Don WA4NPL

      • deadgoose38
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
          I use a SignaLink USB for PSK-31 on my Yaesu FT-817ND. Made a couple
          of nice PSK-31 contacts on 40 meters this afternoon. Looking forward
          to trying my hand at Olivia, of course. Setup for the SignaLink took
          all of 10 minutes. I use Ham Radio Deluxe suite. Couldn't have been
          easier.

          73
          /paul W3FIS