Re: external soundcard ?

  • dwebst
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2008
      --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, donroden@... wrote:

      > If permissible, could anyone with experience with the Tigertronics
      > Signalink USB please give a review ? Does it work any better than the
      > usual built-in
      > computer soundcards ?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Looking forward to trying Olivia on 160 meters.
      >
      > Don WA4NPL

      Another advantage is that you do not have to continually readjust the
      system volume sliders to proper levels when going from your digi
      software to other programs. Also, if you do adjust levels from one
      mode to another it is a lot easier to reach over and turn the knob on
      the SignaLink rather than having to open the Window$ sound mixer.
      Another advantage too, is adjustable delay in keying. I have found
      with Olivia the transmitter occasionally momentarily un-keys during
      the transmission if I don't turn up the delay a bit. I don't need the
      delay with PSK31.

      Dennis W7WJ
    • Paul Playford
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
        I use QuickMix to automatically preset sound card levels (both record and
        play) for different programs.

        http://www.msaxon.com/quickmix/

        de Paul, W8AEF

        ZF2JL/ZF2TA FO8DX/FO8PLA 8Q7AA XZ0A VU7RG TX5C

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
          I used a BuxComm Rascal for several years and a few weeks ago I
          started using the SignalLink USB. It is really nice, easy to set up,
          and easy to use.

          If I had known how nice it was I would have gotten one sooner. It's
          internal soundcard seems to work better than my computer soundcard and
          have had several great Olivia QSO's on 160 with it as well as many on
          other bands, too.

          It works easily on my Kubuntu Linux computer as well as Windows.

          I do a lot of other work on my computer too AND it really helps out to
          NOT have to use my computer sound card for my digital QSO's. Makes it
          easier to surf the web WHILE I am in QSO and NOT be afraid of
          broadcasting sounds from web pages. And I haven't had to touch any
          settings on the unit since I initially set the levels.

          Can't get much easier unless it did my typing for me hihi!

          --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, donroden@... wrote:

          > If permissible, could anyone with experience with the Tigertronics
          > Signalink USB please give a review ? Does it work any better than the
          > usual built-in
          > computer soundcards ?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Looking forward to trying Olivia on 160 meters.
          >
          > Don WA4NPL

        • deadgoose38
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
            I use a SignaLink USB for PSK-31 on my Yaesu FT-817ND. Made a couple
            of nice PSK-31 contacts on 40 meters this afternoon. Looking forward
            to trying my hand at Olivia, of course. Setup for the SignaLink took
            all of 10 minutes. I use Ham Radio Deluxe suite. Couldn't have been
            easier.

            73
            /paul W3FIS