Re: R: [olivia] Olivia Activity on 80 m

  • SHABSIGH
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2007
      Dear Juergen:

      How are you my friend??

      The URL of the Netherlands below has a problem with a copy and paste. It does not open.

      Best 73

      Omar YK1AO

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

        wrote:

        >  hi juergen, thanks for info about olivia in 80; i don't manage to
        open the university of twente website, according to your words it
        looks interesting ! is the site still in activity or the url correct ?
        > ciao and cu on the screen, massimo iz0gkz

      • Paul Playford
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
          http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

          works fine in Arizona, United States of America.

          I use Internet Explorer v 7

          de Paul, W8AEF

          ZF2JL/ZF2TA FO8DX/FO8PLA 8Q7AA XZ0A VU7RG TX5C

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
            Seems the DX band condx are up again.
            I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
            at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
            as well as US stations.
            Weka signal but 100% copy.
            That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.

            73 Chris HB9BDM

          • dl8le
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
              Not only DX, Chris ... At my portable qth during the week I have
              extremely poor antenna conditions (a 15 m GFK Mast is still too low
              to bring a wire above the houses surrounding me at all four sides)
              but I am able to have Olivia qso's with very good copy at very low
              S/N levels. Therefore the weak signal capability makes the mode a
              very good choice for qrp stations or those with limited antenna
              capabilities.

              --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Chris Gerber <chris.gerber@...>
              wrote:

              > Seems the DX band condx are up again.
              > I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
              > at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
              > as well as US stations.
              > Weka signal but 100% copy.
              > That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.
              >
              > 73 Chris HB9BDM

            • Claudio Ruben
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                If you wish try LU send me an email. i will be qrv  from monday to friday about 1900 utc in 20-15 meters.

                73´s

                CLAUDIO-lu2vcd

                wrote:

                > Seems the DX band condx are up again.
                > I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
                > at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
                > as well as US stations.
                > Weka signal but 100% copy.
                > That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.
                >
                > 73 Chris HB9BDM

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

                  Hello folks,

                  What you find with this ‘broken link’ is that there are a couple of ‘spaces’ in the URL in Juergen’s original message. When you paste the URL into your browser, you may notice ‘%20’ in two places in the URL…these are the spaces.

                  You can simply delete both %20 and then hit the ‘enter’ button or follow this link…

                  http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

                  Regards

                  Chris

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                    Hi All,

                    Even during the sunspot minimum my skeds with DJ2UK on 30m LP (around
                    0630 UTC) are very reliable. We use 4/250 or when condx are particularly
                    poor 8/250. Beats PSK31 by miles!

                    BTW what time were the 20m openings Chris?

                    --
                    73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
                  • dl8le
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 28, 2008
                      Hello Omar,

                      Chris has already responded with a new link. Hopefully you will now
                      be able to open the Web SDR.

                      I hope I can see your call next time when I will be home again (on
                      Saturday evening I will be qrv from my home station which is much
                      better equipped as you know).

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 1, 2008

                        hi all, after summer pause i started calling in olivia 500/16 on 160 m at 1838.50 usb. my timing is usually between 2.00 and 4.00 am utc: hope to meet some of you over there. at the same time i will be monitoring 3582.5 for any olivia call.

                        ciao to all, massimo iz0gkz

                        Scopri la community di Io fotografo e video
                        Il nuovo corso di Gazzetta dello sport per diventare veri fotografi!