Re: R: [olivia] Olivia Activity on 80 m

  • SHABSIGH
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2007
      Dear Juergen:

      How are you my friend??

      The URL of the Netherlands below has a problem with a copy and paste. It does not open.

      Best 73

      Omar YK1AO

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

[...]

        Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e scrivi la tua opinione!
      • dl8le
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

          wrote:

          >  hi juergen, thanks for info about olivia in 80; i don't manage to
          open the university of twente website, according to your words it
          looks interesting ! is the site still in activity or the url correct ?
          > ciao and cu on the screen, massimo iz0gkz

        • Paul Playford
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
            http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

            works fine in Arizona, United States of America.

            I use Internet Explorer v 7

            de Paul, W8AEF

            ZF2JL/ZF2TA FO8DX/FO8PLA 8Q7AA XZ0A VU7RG TX5C

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
              Seems the DX band condx are up again.
              I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
              at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
              as well as US stations.
              Weka signal but 100% copy.
              That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.

              73 Chris HB9BDM

            • dl8le
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                Not only DX, Chris ... At my portable qth during the week I have
                extremely poor antenna conditions (a 15 m GFK Mast is still too low
                to bring a wire above the houses surrounding me at all four sides)
                but I am able to have Olivia qso's with very good copy at very low
                S/N levels. Therefore the weak signal capability makes the mode a
                very good choice for qrp stations or those with limited antenna
                capabilities.

                --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Chris Gerber <chris.gerber@...>
                wrote:

                > Seems the DX band condx are up again.
                > I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
                > at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
                > as well as US stations.
                > Weka signal but 100% copy.
                > That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.
                >
                > 73 Chris HB9BDM

              • Claudio Ruben
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                  If you wish try LU send me an email. i will be qrv  from monday to friday about 1900 utc in 20-15 meters.

                  73´s

                  CLAUDIO-lu2vcd

                  wrote:

                  > Seems the DX band condx are up again.
                  > I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
                  > at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
                  > as well as US stations.
                  > Weka signal but 100% copy.
                  > That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.
                  >
                  > 73 Chris HB9BDM

                • Chris
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

                    Hello folks,

                    What you find with this ‘broken link’ is that there are a couple of ‘spaces’ in the URL in Juergen’s original message. When you paste the URL into your browser, you may notice ‘%20’ in two places in the URL…these are the spaces.

                    You can simply delete both %20 and then hit the ‘enter’ button or follow this link…

                    http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

                    Regards

                    Chris

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                      Hi All,

                      Even during the sunspot minimum my skeds with DJ2UK on 30m LP (around
                      0630 UTC) are very reliable. We use 4/250 or when condx are particularly
                      poor 8/250. Beats PSK31 by miles!

                      BTW what time were the 20m openings Chris?

                      --
                      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
                    • dl8le
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 28, 2008
                        Hello Omar,

                        Chris has already responded with a new link. Hopefully you will now
                        be able to open the Web SDR.

                        I hope I can see your call next time when I will be home again (on
                        Saturday evening I will be qrv from my home station which is much
                        better equipped as you know).

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 1, 2008

                          hi all, after summer pause i started calling in olivia 500/16 on 160 m at 1838.50 usb. my timing is usually between 2.00 and 4.00 am utc: hope to meet some of you over there. at the same time i will be monitoring 3582.5 for any olivia call.

                          ciao to all, massimo iz0gkz

                          Scopri la community di Io fotografo e video
                          Il nuovo corso di Gazzetta dello sport per diventare veri fotografi!