Re: R: [olivia] Olivia Activity on 80 m

  • SHABSIGH
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2007
      Dear Juergen:

      How are you my friend??

      The URL of the Netherlands below has a problem with a copy and paste. It does not open.

      Best 73

      Omar YK1AO

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

[...]

          Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e scrivi la tua opinione!
        • dl8le
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
            Hello Massimo,

            wrote:

            >  hi juergen, thanks for info about olivia in 80; i don't manage to
            open the university of twente website, according to your words it
            looks interesting ! is the site still in activity or the url correct ?
            > ciao and cu on the screen, massimo iz0gkz

          • Paul Playford
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
              http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

              works fine in Arizona, United States of America.

              I use Internet Explorer v 7

              de Paul, W8AEF

              ZF2JL/ZF2TA FO8DX/FO8PLA 8Q7AA XZ0A VU7RG TX5C

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                Seems the DX band condx are up again.
                I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
                at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
                as well as US stations.
                Weka signal but 100% copy.
                That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.

                73 Chris HB9BDM

              • dl8le
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                  Not only DX, Chris ... At my portable qth during the week I have
                  extremely poor antenna conditions (a 15 m GFK Mast is still too low
                  to bring a wire above the houses surrounding me at all four sides)
                  but I am able to have Olivia qso's with very good copy at very low
                  S/N levels. Therefore the weak signal capability makes the mode a
                  very good choice for qrp stations or those with limited antenna
                  capabilities.

                  --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, Chris Gerber <chris.gerber@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Seems the DX band condx are up again.
                  > I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
                  > at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
                  > as well as US stations.
                  > Weka signal but 100% copy.
                  > That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.
                  >
                  > 73 Chris HB9BDM

                • Claudio Ruben
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                    If you wish try LU send me an email. i will be qrv  from monday to friday about 1900 utc in 20-15 meters.

                    73´s

                    CLAUDIO-lu2vcd

                    wrote:

                    > Seems the DX band condx are up again.
                    > I worked on 20 m from here HB-Land stations
                    > at East Borneo, Thailand and Fiji over the Southpole
                    > as well as US stations.
                    > Weka signal but 100% copy.
                    > That is Olivia, any other None ARQ Mode except CW would fail.
                    >
                    > 73 Chris HB9BDM

                  • Chris
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008

                      Hello folks,

                      What you find with this ‘broken link’ is that there are a couple of ‘spaces’ in the URL in Juergen’s original message. When you paste the URL into your browser, you may notice ‘%20’ in two places in the URL…these are the spaces.

                      You can simply delete both %20 and then hit the ‘enter’ button or follow this link…

                      http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

                      Regards

                      Chris

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 27, 2008
                        Hi All,

                        Even during the sunspot minimum my skeds with DJ2UK on 30m LP (around
                        0630 UTC) are very reliable. We use 4/250 or when condx are particularly
                        poor 8/250. Beats PSK31 by miles!

                        BTW what time were the 20m openings Chris?

                        --
                        73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
                      • dl8le
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 28, 2008
                          Hello Omar,

                          Chris has already responded with a new link. Hopefully you will now
                          be able to open the Web SDR.

                          I hope I can see your call next time when I will be home again (on
                          Saturday evening I will be qrv from my home station which is much
                          better equipped as you know).

                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 1, 2008

                            hi all, after summer pause i started calling in olivia 500/16 on 160 m at 1838.50 usb. my timing is usually between 2.00 and 4.00 am utc: hope to meet some of you over there. at the same time i will be monitoring 3582.5 for any olivia call.

                            ciao to all, massimo iz0gkz

                            Scopri la community di Io fotografo e video
                            Il nuovo corso di Gazzetta dello sport per diventare veri fotografi!