Olivia Transmissions to Europe

  • Fred Darrah
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
      Greetings to all Dx stations.
      160 is becoming more stable now. Last night I copied several stations
      in PSK31 on 80 meters. On 40 meters I had a QSO with IV3JER Franco in
      PSK31 100% copy at 05:17 UTC. I think it is time to try QSOS on 160
      and 80 meters. I will be on at 0300 to 0530 UTC Saturday the 17th
      with the following modes.
      1838 center frequency Olivia 500/16 250/8 and will try 1000/32 from
      0400 to 0500
      3587 center frequency Olivia same modes Starting at 0300 to 0500 UTC
      7072.5 center frequency same modes Same times
      On the 15 minute segments I will use JT2 and JT65A on 160 meters.
      I can run as high as 350 Watts but will limit to 100 watts on all but
      160 meters. I will try 10 minute transmissions each mode on each
      band.I hope to see some stations make a special effort to be up early.
      If you have a time you wish to transmit let me know and I will listen
      at that time.
      I will pause to listen for any respose.
      Thanks 73 Fred N9GUE
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2007
        ciao fred, in the last 6 days i tried on 160 mt  between 2.00 and 6.00 am utc, using 500/16 with 750 hz marker on 1838 usb, but did not receive any answer; i'll do my best to stay next saturday 17th between 3.00 and 5.30 am utc on 1838 according to the combination you indicated (500/16, 250/8 and 1000/32); it would be nice to monitor our tests on the chat on line for low bands:
        http://www.on4kst. info/chat/ index.php .

        hope to cu you on my wtrfl

        ciao, 73, massimo iz0gkz

        Fred Darrah <cfdarrah@...> ha scritto:
[...]

      • Gunner
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 14, 2007
          Ciao tutti,

          Also don't forget K3UK's Digital Reflector as a great resource for
          setting up skeds on any band: <http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php>

          73,
          Glenn KD4ULB

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 15, 2007
            ok glenn, tnx for info, ciao, massimo iz0gkz

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 16, 2007
              hi fred, it's 4.19 am utc, i'm calling on 1838.00 usb, olivia 500/16, marker 750 hz up, hope to see you, massimo iz0gkz

[...]

            • Carol & Fred Darrah
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 16, 2007
                Will look for you.
                Fred