.... and also

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 30, 2007
      and also just switch on a receiver during your cq test transmission in olivia on same usb frequency (i always use this system to verify that my olivia transmission is ok). ciao, massimo iz0gkz

      Waldis Jirgens <waldis@...> ha scritto:
      Hi All,

      Simple solution if you want to hear how Olivia sounds: Plug in real
      speakers into your soundcard and do a CQ in Olivia.

      --
      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ -
      http://mywebpage. netscape. com/ilgonis/ index.html

    • al2ok
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 8, 2010
        I been just listening right now and find it hard to locate Olivia or for that matter any other mode ,other then plenty of PSK31 and RTTY.

        The other modes I do come across seem to be "scrambled" ?

        I am using MULTIPSK.

        I've checked 20 / 40 and 80 meters as well as the frequencies listed for Olivia here in the yahoo group.
        I've listened to these modes on various websites to try the learn what to listen for.
        One day I thought I heard the sound of Olivia but again it came across "scrambled" it was close to one of the frequencies listed here in yahoo group ,I listened on 20 & 40 frequencies.

        PSK31 and RTTY work great,even SCTV ?

        Al
      • Pete
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 8, 2010
          Yes its hard to find ,just as hard to get anyone on psk31 to swop modes
          hi hi 14107.5 14.106.5 at 32/1000 is a good start
          at least you stand a chance at using the same mode configurtion I was
          watching a SV talking to a Russian station last night at about 0800z
          2100 here in zl I could not hear the warble but saw a very faint trace
          copy was 90% print de Pete zl2aub

          al2ok wrote:
          > I been just listening right now and find it hard to locate Olivia or for that matter any other mode ,other then plenty of PSK31 and RTTY.
          >
          > The other modes I do come across seem to be "scrambled" ?
          >
          > I am using MULTIPSK.
          >
          > I've checked 20 / 40 and 80 meters as well as the frequencies listed for Olivia here in the yahoo group.
          > I've listened to these modes on various websites to try the learn what to listen for.
          > One day I thought I heard the sound of Olivia but again it came across "scrambled" it was close to one of the frequencies listed here in yahoo group ,I listened on 20 & 40 frequencies.
          >
          > PSK31 and RTTY work great,even SCTV ?
          >
          > Al

        • Chris Gerber
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 9, 2010
            Hi All

            There is still a some activity on +/- 1 Khz on 14106.500 Khz with 1000/32 Olivia
            there are at  around 15:00 to 17:00 Utc several US station on stby or working to europe
            or inside the us, what lacking are JA and ZL stations which where around until the
            activity dropped due the sun activity low, but now I am able to hear the ZL and JA beacon
            on 141000 Khz almost ever day at around 8:00 - 9:00 UTC.
            So give it a try !!

            Chris HB9BDM

            al2ok wrote:
            > I been just listening right now and find it hard to locate Olivia or for that matter any other mode ,other then plenty of PSK31 and RTTY.

          • Jonathan Helis KB5IAV
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 9, 2010
              It can be hard to identify modes by sound and/or waterfall appearance,
              especially the ones you don't see much of.

              I've found several samples of digital modes sounds and video posted on
              YouTube. Just search the name of the mode and a video might be there.

              Another source of this information is the website for Fldigi. There are
              pictures of the waterfall and recordings of the sound there too. That
              has really helped me in learning to identify digital modes. Another
              thing I've done is just try modes at random and sometimes I find one
              that works.

              Jonathan Helis, KB5IAV
              Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA