[olivia] JT65A, Olivia, PSK31 and CW

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2007
      if not still sleeping (....) i will try time by time at 04.00 utc between 14.072 and 14.075 on olivia 8/250 and may be after we could change to 16/500. ciao to all, massimo iz0gkz

      Waldis Jirgens <waldis@...> ha scritto:
      Hi All,

      In the last few days I have observed a few JT65A signals from the US
      (starting from about 0400 UTC) around 14.076. The field strengths are
      mostly enough to conduct a CW QSO (often one hears first the CW-ID
      before JT65A gets a sync). A bit lower down there are some BPSK31
      stations coming in with lots of misprints (well it's a poor DX mode
      after all!).

      What about some Olivia 8/250 activity between 14.072 and 14.075? I will
      try to come up there in the next few days from around 0400 UTC to
      conduct some non-rudimentary (unlike JT65A) and error-free (unlike
      BPSK31) QSOs - if I find some people to talk to ;-)

      --
      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://mywebpage. netscape. com/ilgonis

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2007
        Hi Massimo and others,

        Not much activity on Olivia over the last few days on 20m, not even on
        the traditional frequencies 14.1065 ff. I managed only 2 QSOs, the
        second one being a very long ragchew with a ZL station (a local for our
        conditions here down under). I worked also 2 stations on JT65A and heard
        a few on BPSK31. I will persevere with Olivia 8/250 (well once a contact
        is established we can switch to any other mode) until Wednesday, then
        I'm off for a short holiday.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007
          Hi John,

          Not sure if you want to go down this path, but you could install LINUX
          on your Mac, may be even in dual-boot mode. See for instance
          http://www.linux.com/articles/54973
          which explicitely describes the procedure fur Suse. Under that distro
          there are 2 very good programs: fldigi and gMFSK who offer not only all
          kinds of flavors of Olivia but most of the other digimodes as well.
          As a logger application you can use xlog.

          --
          73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://mywebpage.netscape.com/ilgonis