2107RE: Welcome New Members

  • prasad.agrahar
    Nov 17, 2013

      Group,

      I need help/guidance, I am interested but I am not getting anywhere in my attempts.

      I have been trying different digital modes. I ran into following problem.

      For example, in Olivia, I see 13 possible modes:

      8/250

      8/500

      16/500

      32/1000

      4/125

      4/250

      4/500

      8/1000

      16/1000

      8/2000

      16/2000

      32/2000

      64/2000

      When I see a signal that looks like OLivia I try to choose one of the modes and see if it decodes. If not I select the next mode and so on. In most cases my attempts failed. So I must be doing it wrong.

      Is there a way to detect the right speed/mode quickly?

      Thank you

      Prasad AB3EH

      ---In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, <nw7us.heliophile@...> wrote:

      I welcome all of our new members.  Great to see interest in this excellent digital mode.  Please share what you have done, so far, with the mode (what sort of DX, conditions, experiences...).

      Also, be aware that there's a Facebook group, as well, dedicated to this mode.  If you are on Facebook, already, check this out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/olivia.hf/

      I hope to see you on the waterfall!

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic