2090Re: [olivia] 14073

    Jul 26 6:18 AM
      I understand hesitancy when starting out in digital. However, too many people just listen and hear nothing. People need to call CQ, preferably with TXID turned on!

      I can usually scare up a contact calling CQ. I start in my preferred, less common modes (Thor, MT-63, Domino, etc.) and if I don't come up with something, I move to the more common modes like Contestia.

      But if everyone listens and doesn't call CQ, of course the band will be empty.

      Ken WA8JXM

      On Jul 25, 2013, at 6:39 PM, ku4a wrote:

      > Thanks for all the posts, folks. Always helpful for someone like me who is new to the mode.
      >
      > I see W5ZIT running 250/8 right now on 14073. Looks like my fldigirol is decoding just fine. I may CQ in the neighborhood shortly. Right now the beam is pointed west from Kentucky.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic