      From: oliviadata@yahoogroups.com [mailto:oliviadata@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Waldis Jirgens
      Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 8:26 AM
      To: oliviadata@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Ken Meinken
      Subject: Re: [olivia] The 30m Band Utilization Chart -- 2 June 2011

      Hi Ken,

      What's your difficulty with "Center Frequency"? It's clear for AM, FM
      and CW. Why is it NOT clear for Olivia or PSK31 or PSK125?

      You basically use an spectrum of audio frequencies of a certain
      bandwidth to modulate a SSB transceiver. Assume the transceiver is tuned
      to frequency ftx. Assume the middle frequency of the spectrum is fma.
      Then for USB your center frequency is ftx+fma and for LSB ftx-fma.
      This is the stuff people learn to pass their licence exam for more than
      50 years now...

      --
      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic