1832Re: [olivia] The 30m Band Utilization Chart -- 2 June 2011

    Jun 2, 2011
      Hi All,

      Nice chart however "dial frequencies" are absolutely meaningless since
      with today's digital programs you can use whatever offset you like for
      virtually ALL modes (including Olivia). I find quoting "dial
      frequencies" more confusing than helpful. It leads to second guessing
      why a particular person finds a particular offset for a particular mode
      more desirable than another. There may be very good reasons to use a
      "non standard" offset (like availability of sharp if filters). Even
      worse: It discourages newcomers to digital modes, since "it's all too
      complicated". When I arrange a digital sked on a particular QRG I
      stipulate: "Center frequency of the signal" - that's clear!

      --
      73: Waldis Jirgens - VK1WJ - http://ilgonis.orgfree.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic