Re: [oldtelugusongs] Lullabies

  • Ragasudha Vinjamuri
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
      Anandaswarup garu,

      It gives an error message when I click on the link you provided. Apart from the Jo Achyutananda ( hail Annamacharya again :-) ), the one old film song which usually strikes me isnIlAla kannullO melemelllagA nidura rAvammA.

      Srinivas garu,

      Any technicalities to retrieve the song mentioned by AS garu??

      Best regards
      Sudha

      Knowledge increases in proportion to its use - that is, the more we teach the more we learn.
      - H. P. Blavatsky, 1831-1891

      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
        The link is broken! Thatsall!! Use the following one:

        http://tinyurl.com/6helu2

        http://www.oldtelugusongs.com/may2005/DharmaDevata_1952-PSantakumari-MeevantidenandiMaKannePapa-SamudralaSr_CRSubbaraman.mp3

        Needless to say, there are umpteen no. of excellent lullabies in Telugu films.

        > nIlAla kannullO melemelllagA nidura rAvammA.

        From #naaTakaala raayuDu# (1968?), a remake of ALBELA (1951). Also the Telugu tune is heavily based on Ramachandra Chitalkar/Lata's popular: dheere se aajare akhiyan ... Interesting is that Jikki sang a song, in early 50s, also based on CR/Lata's above song. Not much is known about the film nor the composer. Probably the film was never released, but 2 disks (4 songs) were released.

        Regards,
        Sreenivas

        -------- Original-Nachricht --------

        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
          Srinivas garu,

          It still gives me a "Forbidden" message whaaa..... :-(

          Yes, many filmy lullabies...including Lata ji's nidurapOrA TammuDA.

          Do we have rAmA lAlI mEghasyAmA lAlI ?

          Regards
          Sudha

          Knowledge increases in proportion to its use - that is, the more we teach the more we learn.
          - H. P. Blavatsky, 1831-1891

          The link is broken! Thatsall!! Use the following one:

          http://tinyurl. com/6helu2

          http://www.oldtelug usongs.com/ may2005/DharmaDe vata_1952- PSantakumari- MeevantidenandiM aKannePapa- SamudralaSr_ CRSubbaraman. mp3

          Needless to say, there are umpteen no. of excellent lullabies in Telugu films.

          > nIlAla kannullO melemelllagA nidura rAvammA.

          From #naaTakaala raayuDu# (1968?), a remake of ALBELA (1951). Also the Telugu tune is heavily based on Ramachandra Chitalkar/Lata' s popular: dheere se aajare akhiyan ... Interesting is that Jikki sang a song, in early 50s, also based on CR/Lata's above song. Not much is known about the film nor the composer. Probably the film was never released, but 2 disks (4 songs) were released.

          Regards,

          Sreenivas

        • Sreenivas Paruchuri
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
            Its working! I don't know why you aren't able to access.

            > Do we have rAmA lAlI mEghasyAmA lAlI ?

            Yes, in many film versions.

            Regards,
            Sreenivas

            -------- Original-Nachricht --------

            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
              Yes, this link works. So, from there- where do I go to access the songs, please?

              http://launch. groups.yahoo. com/group/ oldtelugusongs/ message/2183

              > Do we have rAmA lAlI mEghasyAmA lAlI ?

              Yes, in many film versions.

              Regards,

              Sreenivas

              -------- Original-Nachricht --------

              > Srinivas garu,

              > It still gives me a "Forbidden" message whaaa..... :-(

              > Yes, many filmy lullabies... including Lata ji's nidurapOrA TammuDA.

              > Do we have rAmA lAlI mEghasyAmA lAlI ?

              Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx. net/de/go/ multimessenger

              Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download. Go to http://in.webmessenger.yahoo.com/

            • Anandaswarup Gadde
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                --- In oldtelugusongs@yahoogroups.com, Ragasudha Vinjamuri
                <ragas_v@...> wrote:

                > Srinivas garu,
                >
                > It still gives me a "Forbidden" message whaaa..... :-(

                Sudha garu,
                One way is to go to
                http://www.oldtelugusongs.com/search2/index.html
                and look for P.Santakumari under singers and click on search. Some of
                the singers come under several names. Another favourite of mine
                is 'chitti potti varaala muta' written by Arudra. I was of course
                joking when I said 'oldtelugusongs' of all places. I should have looked
                there long ago. I found the song just last week. Regards,
                Swarup
              • Ragasudha Vinjamuri
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                  Thanks Swarup garu.

                  Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/

                • rajagopal tummarakoti
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                    Sreenivas garu,
                    Yes, I recollected a no of Lullabies in talugu films.
                    Among them, I Ilove these songs
                    1.Reyi minchenoye raaja---Shabash ramudu.
                    2.Thadimi Takadhimi Tolu bomma---Great S.V.R. acted in Bangarupapa.
                    3Kalalu kane vela Ide Kannaiah-----Maa vadina.
                    4Chandu ri ni minchu ananda moli kinchu----Raktha sambandham.
                    5Choochi Choochi Kallu Kayale Kaachaye---Great Surya Kantham --?
                    6.Chinnari Ponnari Puvvu----
                    Members may list out some more good songs.
                    Raja gopal.

                    The link is broken! Thatsall!! Use the following one:

                    http://tinyurl. com/6helu2

                    http://www.oldtelug usongs.com/ may2005/DharmaDe vata_1952- PSantakumari- MeevantidenandiM aKannePapa- SamudralaSr_ CRSubbaraman. mp3

                    Needless to say, there are umpteen no. of excellent lullabies in Telugu films.

                    > nIlAla kannullO melemelllagA nidura rAvammA.

                    From #naaTakaala raayuDu# (1968?), a remake of ALBELA (1951). Also the Telugu tune is heavily based on Ramachandra Chitalkar/Lata' s popular: dheere se aajare akhiyan ... Interesting is that Jikki sang a song, in early 50s, also based on CR/Lata's above song. Not much is known about the film nor the composer. Probably the film was never released, but 2 disks (4 songs) were released.

                    Regards,
                    Sreenivas

                    -------- Original-Nachricht --------

                    > Von: Ragasudha Vinjamuri <ragas_v@yahoo. co.in>

                    > It gives an error message when I click on the link you provided. Apart
                    > from the Jo Achyutananda ( hail Annamacharya again :-) ), the one old film
                    > song which usually strikes me isnIlAla kannullO melemelllagA nidura rAvammA.

                    > Any technicalities to retrieve the song mentioned by AS garu??
                    > http://www.oldtelug usongs.com/ may2005/DharmaDe vata_1952- PSantakumari-
                    >
                    > MeevantidenandiMaKa nnePapa-Samudral aSr_CRSubbaraman .mp3
                    http://games. entertainment. gmx.net/de/ entertainment/ games/free/ puzzle/6169196

                  • Gopi Krishna
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                      I am a big fan of "Jo jo jo Vayyari kade jo jo jo" by
                      RBS (Chinnakodalu,1952, Malladi & Aswatthama).

                      This song is available at our OTS.com (in fact that is
                      where I first heard this). The link is
                      http://www.oldtelugusongs.com/newsongs/vintage/ChinnaKodalu_1952-RBalasarasvatiDevi-JoJoJoVayyariKade-Malladi_GAswatthama.mp3.

                      or just go to
                      http://oldtelugusongs.com/search2/index.html and do a
                      search.

                      Regards,
                      Gopi Krishna

                      --- rajagopal tummarakoti <rtummar@...> wrote:

                      > Sreenivas garu,
                      > Yes, I recollected a no of Lullabies in talugu
                      > films.
                      > Among them, I Ilove these songs
                      > 1.Reyi minchenoye raaja---Shabash ramudu.
                      > 2.Thadimi Takadhimi Tolu bomma---Great S.V.R. acted
                      > in Bangarupapa.
                      > 3Kalalu kane vela Ide Kannaiah-----Maa vadina.
                      > 4Chandu ri ni minchu ananda�moli kinchu----Raktha
                      > sambandham.
                      > 5Choochi Choochi Kallu Kayale Kaachaye---Great Surya
                      > Kantham --?
                      > 6.Chinnari Ponnari Puvvu----
                      > Members may list out some more good songs.
                      > Raja gopal.
                    • Gopi Krishna
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                        Another great song is "Anadalu Chindeti Na Jyoti" by
                        Nagaiah garu. YogiVemana(1947). This too is available
                        at our OTS.com.

                        Regards,
                        Gopi Krishna
                      • Sreenivas Paruchuri
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                          > 1.Reyi minchenoye raaja---Shabash ramudu.

                          Anyone remember (Baapu&) Ramana's witty comment on this song in their
                          "sinee ramaNeeyam"? :-)

                          Here is a small list consisting most of favourite film-lullabies ...

                          1. jO achyutaananda - jayamma - swargaseema 1945
                          2. raamalaali - T. Suryakumari - bhaagyalakshmi 1943
                          3. jO jO EDavaku - leela - samsaaram 1950
                          4. oogaraa ratanaala paapa - leela - streesaahasam - 1951
                          5. raavaa ammaa niduraa - R. Balasaraswati - nirupEdalu 1954
                          (Lata's version from Do bhiga jameen, on which this number is based,
                          sounds better!)
                          6. ninDuvennela mallelalO - RBS - raajeenaapraaNam 1954
                          7. uyyaala jampaala oogaraavayaa - Bhanumati - chakrapaaNi 1954
                          8. challachallagaa mellamellagaa raavE niduraa - ditto - ditto
                          9. naa aaSalannee kalabOsi - RBS - sankalpam 1957
                          10. haayi haayi O paapaayi - RBS - pasupukunkuma 1955
                          11. evaru kannaaru evaru penchaaru - Suseela - muddubiDDa 1956
                          12. jO kalakaalamee kalata - Suseela - tODikODaLLu 1957
                          13. laali nanu kannayyaa - RBS - peddarikaalu 1957
                          14. laalee tanayaa laalee - Suseela - SreekRshNaleelalu 1959

                          Regards,
                          Sreenivas

                          rajagopal tummarakoti wrote:
                          > Sreenivas garu,
                          > Yes, I recollected a no of Lullabies in talugu films.
                          > Among them, I Ilove these songs
                          > 2.Thadimi Takadhimi Tolu bomma---Great S.V.R. acted in Bangarupapa.
                          > 3Kalalu kane vela Ide Kannaiah-----Maa vadina.
                          > 4Chandu ri ni minchu ananda�moli kinchu----Raktha sambandham.
                          > 5Choochi Choochi Kallu Kayale Kaachaye---Great Surya Kantham --?
                          > 6.Chinnari Ponnari Puvvu----
                          > Members may list out some more good songs.
                          > Raja gopal.
                        • Gopi Krishna
                          Message 12 of 27 , Aug 1, 2008
                            I can think of a couple more...

                            1) Laali Ma Papai. Pellinati Pramanalu; Leela.
                            2) Nidurinchayya maa chinni tanaya. SriKrishnaMaya; G.

                            Regards,
                            Gopi Krishna
                          • Sreenivas Paruchuri
                            Message 13 of 27 , Aug 3, 2008
                              Gopi Krishna wrote:
                              > 2) Nidurinchayya maa chinni tanaya. SriKrishnaMaya; G.

                              Thats certainly a very good one. Thanks for reminding Gopikrishna gaaru!

                              Incidentally I was sorting some of my pre-1960 songs today and came
                              across a few more.

                              1. laalee tanayaa laalee - P. kannamba (non-film)
                              (strongly based on Shanta Apte's wonderful Marathi/Hindi number from
                              "gOpaalakRshNa-1938)
                              2. dinadinamu paapaNNi deevinchi ponDi - kaanchanamaala - illaalu 1940
                              (Lyrics: Basavaraju Apparao, Music: Saluri)
                              3. jOjO nandabaala - P. Kannamba - talliprEma 1941
                              4. aayee chandamaama daayee . Bhanumati - ratnamaala 1947
                              5. nidurabO naayanna - P. Leela - keelugurram 1949
                              6. chinnaari bangaaru - P. Leela, chorus - Sreelakshammakatha 1950
                              7. jOjOjO naa chiTTi talli - C.Krishnaveni - lakshmamma 1950
                              8. EDukonDalavaaDaa venkaTaramaNaa - P.Leela - peLLichEsichooDu 1952
                              (Also, Jikki sang it!)

                              Can we also add:
                              8a. EDavaku EDavaku naa yerri paapaayi - P.Leela, G. Varalkshmi

                              9. chinni naanna chiTTi naanna - G. varalakshmi - deeksha 1951
                              10. laali jayalaali - B. lalita - chandrahaaram 1954
                              11. andaalu chindETi chilukaa - TS bhagavati - paraaSakti 1958
                              12. chinni paapa laali - P. Leela - rEpuneedE 1957
                              13. nidurammaa nidurammaa - Srirangam Gopalaratnam - bikaari raamuDu 1961

                              Regards,
                              Sreenivas
                            • Anandaswarup Gadde
                              Message 14 of 27 , Aug 3, 2008
                                --- In oldtelugusongs@yahoogroups.com, Sreenivas Paruchuri <sreeni@...>
                                wrote:

                                > Gopi Krishna wrote:
                                > > 2) Nidurinchayya maa chinni tanaya. SriKrishnaMaya; G.
                                >
                                > Thats certainly a very good one. Thanks for reminding Gopikrishna
                                gaaru!

                                > Incidentally I was sorting some of my pre-1960 songs today and came
                                > across a few more.

                                Sreenivas garu,
                                Many thanks for the lists. I will pass on the lists in this thread to
                                friends in Melbourne. Even though there are enthusiatic singers, most
                                of them do not seem to know these lullabies. I will also try them on my
                                grand daughter Leila Rose Conyers. Her father comes from Tamil and
                                Hindi background, but she seems to like Telugu songs particularly
                                Balasaraswati's. Thanks again,
                                Swarup
                              • Anandaswarup Gadde
                                Message 15 of 27 , Aug 3, 2008
                                  > 2. dinadinamu paapaNNi deevinchi ponDi - kaanchanamaala - illaalu 1940
                                  Sreenivas garu,
                                  Sorry to bother you again. I could not find the above song
                                  in 'oldtelugusongs' and googling I found your post:
                                  http://www.bhaavana.net/telusa/feb97/0035.html
                                  where you attributed it to some other singer. Can you pl. clarify?
                                  Thanks
                                  Swarup
                                • Sreenivas Paruchuri
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Aug 4, 2008
                                    Oh, you pulled out an old posting of mine :-).

                                    The song is not on OTS website, yet. I need to get it digitized.

                                    Regarding your question, when I wrote that note some 11 years ago, I
                                    didn't know who the singer was but relied upon on an article I read. The
                                    earlier copy I had was also in a very poor quality. But, later, in 2002,
                                    I could get hold of the 78 rpm disk, which also mentions the singer's name.

                                    [Lakshmirajyam did play a major role in "illaalu" and sang some songs.
                                    Only in the latter part of her career; i.e. post-1940s, did she borrow
                                    the voices of Susila, Leela et al.]

                                    Regards,
                                    Sreenivas

                                    Anandaswarup Gadde wrote:

                                    > > 2. dinadinamu paapaNNi deevinchi ponDi - kaanchanamaala - illaalu 1940
                                    > Sreenivas garu,
                                    > Sorry to bother you again. I could not find the above song
                                    > in 'oldtelugusongs' and googling I found your post:
                                    > http://www.bhaavana.net/telusa/feb97/0035.html
                                    > <http://www.bhaavana.net/telusa/feb97/0035.html>
                                    > where you attributed it to some other singer. Can you pl. clarify?
                                    > Thanks
                                    > Swarup
                                  • Anandaswarup Gadde
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Aug 4, 2008
                                      wrote:

                                      > Oh, you pulled out an old posting of mine :-).

                                      It is a very nice post. I find many of these posts quite informative.
                                      Perhaps, you can edit and publish them at some stage. Thanks.
                                      swarup
                                    • Information Velamuri
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Aug 4, 2008
                                        There is a song by Jikki in chenchu laxmi (1958) (sung for prahlada's mother).. Can't recollect...
                                        Also, naa varaala tanDri niivEla puDitivi E inTa puTTinanu haayigaa managalavu maa inTa (solo, by G the song is in a negative tone) can be added. Can't recollect the movie.
                                        -Raja

                                        > 2) Nidurinchayya maa chinni tanaya. SriKrishnaMaya; G.

                                        Thats certainly a very good one. Thanks for reminding Gopikrishna gaaru!

                                        Incidentally I was sorting some of my pre-1960 songs today and came
                                        across a few more.

                                        1. laalee tanayaa laalee - P. kannamba (non-film)
                                        (strongly based on Shanta Apte's wonderful Marathi/Hindi number from
                                        "gOpaalakRshNa- 1938)
                                        2. dinadinamu paapaNNi deevinchi ponDi - kaanchanamaala - illaalu 1940
                                        (Lyrics: Basavaraju Apparao, Music: Saluri)
                                        3. jOjO nandabaala - P. Kannamba - talliprEma 1941
                                        4. aayee chandamaama daayee . Bhanumati - ratnamaala 1947
                                        5. nidurabO naayanna - P. Leela - keelugurram 1949
                                        6. chinnaari bangaaru - P. Leela, chorus - Sreelakshammakatha 1950
                                        7. jOjOjO naa chiTTi talli - C.Krishnaveni - lakshmamma 1950
                                        8. EDukonDalavaaDaa venkaTaramaNaa - P.Leela - peLLichEsichooDu 1952
                                        (Also, Jikki sang it!)

                                        Can we also add:
                                        8a. EDavaku EDavaku naa yerri paapaayi - P.Leela, G. Varalkshmi

                                        9. chinni naanna chiTTi naanna - G. varalakshmi - deeksha 1951
                                        10. laali jayalaali - B. lalita - chandrahaaram 1954
                                        11. andaalu chindETi chilukaa - TS bhagavati - paraaSakti 1958
                                        12. chinni paapa laali - P. Leela - rEpuneedE 1957
                                        13. nidurammaa nidurammaa - Srirangam Gopalaratnam - bikaari raamuDu 1961

                                        Regards,
                                        Sreenivas

                                      • krishna rao jallipalli
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Aug 5, 2008
                                          NAMASTE,
                                          JAAVALI SONG ' MADHURA NAGARILO'  - MS.NORI RAADHIKA NORI GAARU PAADINDI WWW.SURASA.NET LO VINNANU. IDI KAKA VERE VAARU EVARYNA PADINADI UNTE LINK IVVAGALARU.
                                          REGARDS
                                          KRISHNA RAO J
                                          GUNTUR

                                          > 2) Nidurinchayya maa chinni tanaya. SriKrishnaMaya; G.

                                          Thats certainly a very good one. Thanks for reminding Gopikrishna gaaru!

                                          Incidentally I was sorting some of my pre-1960 songs today and came
                                          across a few more.

                                          1. laalee tanayaa laalee - P. kannamba (non-film)
                                          (strongly based on Shanta Apte's wonderful Marathi/Hindi number from
                                          "gOpaalakRshNa- 1938)
                                          2. dinadinamu paapaNNi deevinchi ponDi - kaanchanamaala - illaalu 1940
                                          (Lyrics: Basavaraju Apparao, Music: Saluri)
                                          3. jOjO nandabaala - P. Kannamba - talliprEma 1941
                                          4. aayee chandamaama daayee . Bhanumati - ratnamaala 1947
                                          5. nidurabO naayanna - P. Leela - keelugurram 1949
                                          6. chinnaari bangaaru - P. Leela, chorus - Sreelakshammakatha 1950
                                          7. jOjOjO naa chiTTi talli - C.Krishnaveni - lakshmamma 1950
                                          8. EDukonDalavaaDaa venkaTaramaNaa - P.Leela - peLLichEsichooDu 1952
                                          (Also, Jikki sang it!)

                                          Can we also add:
                                          8a. EDavaku EDavaku naa yerri paapaayi - P.Leela, G. Varalkshmi

                                          9. chinni naanna chiTTi naanna - G. varalakshmi - deeksha 1951
                                          10. laali jayalaali - B. lalita - chandrahaaram 1954
                                          11. andaalu chindETi chilukaa - TS bhagavati - paraaSakti 1958
                                          12. chinni paapa laali - P. Leela - rEpuneedE 1957
                                          13. nidurammaa nidurammaa - Srirangam Gopalaratnam - bikaari raamuDu 1961

                                          Regards,
                                          Sreenivas

                                        • Srinivas Ganti
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Aug 19, 2008
                                            <sreeni@...> wrote:

                                            > > 1.Reyi minchenoye raaja---Shabash ramudu.
                                            >
                                            > Anyone remember (Baapu&) Ramana's witty comment on this song in their
                                            > "sinee ramaNeeyam"? :-)
                                            >
                                            > Here is a small list consisting most of favourite film-lullabies ...

                                            My all time favorite is

                                            sadi seyako gaali - Rajamakutam.

                                            Srinivas.
                                          • Anandaswarup Gadde
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Aug 20, 2008
                                              --- In oldtelugusongs@yahoogroups.com, "Srinivas Ganti" <gantisri@...>
                                              wrote:
                                              > My all time favorite is
                                              >
                                              > sadi seyako gaali - Rajamakutam.
                                              >

                                              > Srinivas.
                                              Interesting. Just today, I wondered whether a similar
                                              song 'Edukondalavada venkataramana saddusayaka neevu nidura povayya..'
                                              could be considered a lullaby. After trying 'wiggles' etc. I tried it
                                              on my granddaughter today and she asked 'again' and slept. Apparently,
                                              it is one of Leela's favourites:
                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvWTCwxLEaw
                                            • Gopi Krishna
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Aug 28, 2008
                                                Hello,

                                                I happened to watch a song on Maa Music yesterday, but
                                                somehow I don't recollect even the pallavi of the
                                                song. It's a duet by SJ & PBS for Savithri & NTR in
                                                Janapada costumes.

                                                SJ-PBS for Savithri-NTR took me by surprise. Could
                                                someone please give the details of this song and any
                                                anecdotes as to why SJ and PBS were chosen for this
                                                song? Just an extension of this: Are there any other
                                                duets by SJ-PBS combo for Savithri-NTR (or for that
                                                metter for Savithri-ANR)?

                                                Many Thanks.

                                                Regards,
                                                Gopikrishna
                                              • J. K. Mohana Rao
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Aug 28, 2008
                                                  Since I have not watched this particular program, I
                                                  can not comment on this song.  However, during
                                                  the hey days of Viswanathan-Ramamurthy, they
                                                  did employ PBS to sing for heroes in Tamil films
                                                  (Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganessan, etc.).They also
                                                  used to give chance to Janaki as often as possible.
                                                  This is particularly true in the case of films which
                                                  they partially financed.  Since they were also producers,
                                                  they could choose anybody as the singers.  The song
                                                  you heard is probably from a remake of such Tamil films.
                                                  Since the Telugu filmdom had Ghantasala and later
                                                  SPB, PBS unfortunately did not sing as many
                                                  memorable songs in Telugu as he could have.
                                                  He sang more evergreen melodies in Kannada
                                                  (being the voice of Rajkumar till he decided to sing
                                                  in his own voice) and Tamil (being the occasional voice
                                                  for Sivaji, Gemini after the eclipse of AM Rajah and
                                                  other heroes).

                                                  Regards!  -  mOhana

                                                  > SJ-PBS for Savithri-NTR took me by surprise. Could
                                                  > someone please give the details of this song and any

                                                  > anecdotes as to why SJ and PBS were chosen for this

                                                  > song? Just an extension of this: Are there any other
                                                  > duets by SJ-PBS combo for Savithri-NTR (or for that

                                                  > metter for Savithri-ANR) ?

                                                • Information Velamuri
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Aug 29, 2008
                                                    Do not remember the movie, but SJ -PBS sang for Girija and NTR in a movie. (4 or 5 songs),
                                                    with relangi and ramanareddi in the comedy role.
                                                    madhavapeddi and pithapuram sang a song for this duo that goes like that,

                                                    koDitE kostaalu koTTaali koTTaali o chichala piDugaaa (can't recollect exactly)

                                                    -Raja

                                                    Since I have not watched this particular program, I
                                                    can not comment on this song. However, during
                                                    the hey days of Viswanathan- Ramamurthy, they
                                                    did employ PBS to sing for heroes in Tamil films
                                                    (Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganessan, etc.).They also
                                                    used to give chance to Janaki as often as possible.
                                                    This is particularly true in the case of films which
                                                    they partially financed. Since they were also producers,
                                                    they could choose anybody as the singers. The song
                                                    you heard is probably from a remake of such Tamil films.
                                                    Since the Telugu filmdom had Ghantasala and later
                                                    SPB, PBS unfortunately did not sing as many
                                                    memorable songs in Telugu as he could have.
                                                    He sang more evergreen melodies in Kannada
                                                    (being the voice of Rajkumar till he decided to sing
                                                    in his own voice) and Tamil (being the occasional voice
                                                    for Sivaji, Gemini after the eclipse of AM Rajah and
                                                    other heroes).

                                                    Regards! - mOhana

                                                    > SJ-PBS for Savithri-NTR took me by surprise. Could
                                                    > someone please give the details of this song and any

                                                    > anecdotes as to why SJ and PBS were chosen for this

                                                    > song? Just an extension of this: Are there any other
                                                    > duets by SJ-PBS combo for Savithri-NTR (or for that

                                                    > metter for Savithri-ANR) ?

                                                  • Anandaswarup Gadde
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Aug 29, 2008
                                                      --- In oldtelugusongs@yahoogroups.com, Gopi Krishna
                                                      <gopikoundinya@...> wrote:

                                                      > Hello,
                                                      >
                                                      > I happened to watch a song on Maa Music yesterday, but
                                                      > somehow I don't recollect even the pallavi of the
                                                      > song. It's a duet by SJ & PBS for Savithri & NTR in
                                                      > Janapada costumes.
                                                      >
                                                      > SJ-PBS for Savithri-NTR took me by surprise. Could
                                                      > someone please give the details of this song and any
                                                      > anecdotes as to why SJ and PBS were chosen for this
                                                      > song? Just an extension of this: Are there any other
                                                      > duets by SJ-PBS combo for Savithri-NTR (or for that
                                                      > metter for Savithri-ANR)?
                                                      I noticed one on YouTube:
                                                      http://utube.smashits.com/video/O11uTHtNPKs/Karthavarayani-Kadha-
                                                      Vooge-Cheekati-Musugulo.html
                                                      Happy Telugu language Day(Gidugu's birthday).
                                                      Swarup
                                                    • Gopi Krishna
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Aug 29, 2008
                                                        Anandaswarup gaaru,