Re: one more thing

  • Tim Kridel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2013
      $75 for the first hour and $50/hour thereafter is the going rate, in my experience. I'm impressed that you were able to get Midway or any other electrician out there. A couple of months ago, I emailed them a few times — I've hired them before — and then left a voicemail for another company, but neither responded. I've had the same experience with landscapers and other trades. A lot of companies in this town buy advertising but don't return the calls and emails it generates. Maybe that explains why contractors from the western STL suburbs and Jeff City have been moving in.

      From: Barbara Reid <barbiejreid@...>
      Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:13 AM
      To: "oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com" <oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Fw: one more thing

      Hey neighbors and friends,
      Thanks so much for the AC repair suggestions!!

      I'm still recovering from electrician sticker shock.
      Midway Electric took 4 hours to try in vain to fish through my walls (despite me telling the company and them before starting that I think we should go outside the house) then deciding to go outside for another 4 hours to complete the exterior work!  They say they brought the cost down by not charging me for two electricians work yet quoting an initial $75 hour rate.  I think the business has a ridiculous policy that scams the homeowner.
      I paid only a small portion so far.

      Spending money I don't have and wondering will a complicated plumbing problem happen next?
      Thanks again!

      Barbie Reid

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2013
        While we're on the subject of recommendations, does anyone have any experience with a good waterproofing company?