Re: suspicious man

  • Richard King
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
      excellent idea

      -------------------------------------
      Richard King
      The Blue Note
      17 North Ninth Street
      Columbia, MO 65201
      phone: 573-874-1944
      fax: 573-443-2784

      On Jun 19, 2013, at 2:26 PM, "Gummersheimer, Sandra" <gummersheimers@...> wrote:

      Taking a picture is great advice!

      Sandy

      From: oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com [mailto:oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Charlene
      Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:11 PM
      To: oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: suspicious man

      Hello old Southwest neighbors,

      just a heads up from sunset Lane today

      a young man was wandering around the neighborhood trying to "sell children's books" and asking neighbors snoopy questions about our other neighbors by name. I would encourage you to not give out any information whatsoever about your neighbors. Many of us value our privacy. Remember that you can choose to stop talking and shut the door. You can also choose to grab your phone and take a picture, or call the police. No legitimate business is going to be snooping around about your neighbors.

      Charlene Adkins MD

      President, Historic Sunset Lane Neighborhood Association

      1100 Sunset Lane

      Columbia MO 65203-2253

      Charlene@...

      573 489 1222

      573 777 3528

    • Mary Achor
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
        When these incidents first come up, you are kind of taken aback a bit and don't really know how to respond.  Now, it seems, we know better how to handle them.

        I am going to get a no soliciting sign for my door.  The one I'm buying from ebay is "No soliciting unless you are selling thin mints," or something close to that...

        I'm tired of dealing with these folks...

        CC: charlene@...; oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com
        To: gummersheimers@...
        From: richard@...
        Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:00:08 -0500