Re: Car Break-in and OTHER SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY on MAUPIN ROAD

  • Lilolearn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013
      Oops!
      I also foster for 2nd Chance.

      Thanks and have a great day!

      Susan

      On Jun 20, 2013, at 7:59 AM, Lilolearn <groshongs@...> wrote:

      Anyone interested in the dog system,  which of course comes with the invaluable bonus of unconditional love and freely dispensed affection, give me a holler. I usually have a foster dog from the humane society and/or 2nd

      Thanks and have a great day!

      Susan

      On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:07 PM, Carin Croll <carincroll_@...> wrote:

      We have installed exterior security cameras. The police know who broke into our house and robbed us. The detective  said his shift was ending and that was all there was to it.
       Be cautious and call 911(for emergencies) or 442-6131(non-emergency), to report but don't expect any real help. Cameras, dogs, loud alarms all make homes less inviting...

      CC: oldsouthwestandbroadway@yahoogroups.com
      To: daniel_ponder2002@...
      From: richard@...
      Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 16:15:14 -0500
      Subject: Re: Car Break-in and OTHER SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY on MAUPIN ROAD

      Dan

      Thanks for alerting us on this latest caper in the hood! I missed the meeting at the library several weeks ago. Did CPD attend? Was this type of behavior discussed? I know I sound like a broken record but this happens every night in my opinion!

      RK

      -------------------------------------
      Richard King
      The Blue Note
      17 North Ninth Street
      Columbia, MO 65201
      phone: 573-874-1944
      fax: 573-443-2784

      On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Daniel Ponder <daniel_ponder2002@...> wrote:

      My SUV was broken into sometime between 9:30 PM, 6-18-2013, and 4:00 AM this date. I discovered the dome light on when I went outside to "check on things." I was afraid to approach the SUV thinking "someone" might still be around.  My garage door outdoor lights were lit and so were my neighbors' yard light all night long. I was "spooked" to say the least. I waited until it got lighter and discovered my driver's side door ajar. I have been checking my car every night before bedtime to assure myself that all things outside are secure before bedtime. I called Joint Communications Dispatch to report the incident this morning. The Columbia Police Officer that returned my report stated that there had been breakins on Anderson, Greenwood and of course my street, Maupin Road. Upon his advice I entered my car to see if anything of value had been taken and apparently nothing had. My glove compartment was rifled through, the console, the ashtray, empty CDs boxes were still in the glove compartment, I had my insurance papers in the glove box too because the company wants those....those will be removed now that I know better...!!!!

      So, fellow neighbors.....my message to all of you and a reminder to myself is  BE VIGILANTE....

      Another incident that I did not report was during daytime hours about a week ago when I was mulching my flowerbed by the driveway. A mid-40s gentleman approached me wearing a Mizzou Tiger sweatshirt and shorts. He was clean-shaven, he started asking me questions about my flowers....he then asked about a round table that had been in my garage several years ago after my Mother passed away and I was settling her estate. My garage door has an entry door to one part of it, I noticed he kept peering to look inside my garage. He then looked at my front doot and I looked toward the front door then and caught his eye and he immediately changed the conversation. He then asked if I worked nights. Ignorantly I told him "yes." He proceeded to ask me about my sleep habits. I ignorantly told him again that it was difficult to sleep daytime hours sometimes. He asked me could I put my car in my garage. I told him yes I could. He completely caught me off-guard. Then after all thes questions he made a sexual proposition to me that I will not elaborate on and I simply said, "No, I am not into that!" He then walked away quickly....I was so shocked that I did not see where he went since he was on foot. I asked him where did he live and he told me 2 streets up from the park at the end of Maupin Road.

      Forgive all these details but someone in our neighborhood might have experienced the same thing happening to them.

      PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE......BE VERY VIGILANTE.....I am no longer as naive about these "happenings" as I once was.

      Dan Ponder
      905 Maupin Road

    • Tim Kridel