News Alert: Johannesburg: LADIES - BEWARE OF TAXI INTIMIDATION

  • pbs@iafrica.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      From: WWW.AfricanCrisis.Org
      [This email is doing the rounds especially among women in Johannesburg.
      If anyone has more info... I would be interested. Drop me a line on the
      Contact us page. It appears taxis filled with Blacks are attempting to
      either rob or intimidate white women. The normal mode of transport for
      Blacks is in Toyota HiAce minibus taxis - and they are normally white in
      colour. Jan]

      Please be very careful when travelling alone. A woman has been
      pushed off the road on Saturday at 10:00 on Ontdekkers road. A
      white taxi full of men followed me for about 5 minutes and then moved
      in next to my car and slowly pushed me towards the pavement.

      They kept on until a couple of other cars started to drive around me
      then left. This morning another lady stopped at a traffic light on
      Jan Smuts avenue. A taxi stopped next to her and five guys jumped out of

      the taxi. One banged on the roof of her car, two tried to open the front

      doors, a third jumped onto the bonnet of her car and a fourth stood
      in front of her car. She got such a fright that she pulled
      away knocking the chap in front of her down and crossed the red
      robot. It seems that this is a new type of intimidation, victimising
      mainly women drivers. Please be very careful when driving on your own

      This is the 5th case were heard of since last week

      please pass this on - not only to females - but to everyone - be alert