News Alert: Mugabe Wins: Radio broadcasts from London stop

  • pbs@iafrica.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      From: WWW.AfricanCrisis.Org
      [So in the end, Mugabe won. SW Raio was broadcasting the truth into
      Zimbabwe from the UK. Now they have run out of money because of his
      jamming. How disgusting. Jan]

      SW Radio Africa on Tuesday ended its short wave broadcasts into Zimbabwe.
      "It is with much regret that we announce that Tuesday 31st May 2005 is
      our last short wave evening broadcast," the station said. "The jamming of
      our transmission signal by the Zimbabwe government has required that we
      broadcast on multiple frequencies. This has been very successful and our
      listeners have been able to clearly receive us. But it is financially
      unsustainable, adding a huge amount to our normal running costs." The
      station will still be transmitting on medium wave on 1197 kHz between 5am
      and 7am Zimbabwe time every morning, and 24 hours on its website
      www.swradioafrica.com.

      From ZWNEWS, 1 June