requiem for terri

  • Mogsmum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005

      © Thursday, March 31, 2005

      News is hitting the wires that Terri Schiavo has died in a Florida hospice, and we mourn the death of this innocent young woman.  I am appalled that a woman whose only crime was being disabled was allowed to be murdered when questions remain to this day regarding the cause of her impairment, her care (or lack thereof) at the hands of her husband, and numerous claims of abuse and neglect that have yet to be sufficiently addressed.

      Jim Bramlett’s commentary on this matter appears below, and brings a chilling reminder of what can happen to a nation that turns from following the precepts of God, and steps from under His blessing and protection.

      John Terry
      Executive Director

      Requiem for Terri, and the nation
      Jim Bramlett
      Mar 31, 2005

      Dear friends:

      Terri Schiavo passed away a few minutes ago.

      Hitler is laughing.  That is, if laughter is possible at his new address.

      In the spirit of Nazism, our nation has now executed a disabled person.  The brave new world is here.

      We now qualify as full-fledged members of the New World Order.  The U.N. Committee on the Disabled in February 2005 drafted language for an international treaty on human rights that left the door open for mercy killing of the disabled.

      Terri Schiavo committed no crime; she was not on life support; she was not comatose; she was not terminally ill.  She was just impaired.  But this living person was executed by the state because of her disability, to the glee of the pro-death, liberal crowd.  Dr. Kevorkian, with his rude attorney, Geoffrey Fieger, and the New York Times and its clones must be doing a death dance, celebrating another victory.

      The camel's nose is under the tent.  The application of this judicial precedent will spread. No disabled or infirm person is now safe.  Maybe it will spread enough to eventually engulf the ones who caused it.

      No judge wanted to entertain the compelling evidence, including broken bones, that her abusive husband caused her condition, and her death. This explains the husband's obsession to have her killed.

      No judge wanted to consider a physician's report that Terri was hit on head between day 2 and day 6 after her so-called collapse in 1990.  She reportedly suffered intracranial hemorrhage while in hospital. A neurologist who examined the timeline of Terri's brain scans found that for the first three days of her initial hospitalization in 1990, her brain scans were normal.  Then suddenly, on the sixth day, her brain scan showed evidence of a massive injury.

      No judge wanted to entertain the evidence that Terri was cognizant, would smile, would interact, and would even try to make words, such as one witness reported shortly before her death, an attempted, "I want to live." Forget the evidence; the judge had made up his mind.

      The $1 million plus awarded by a jury for Terri's care and rehabilitation was instead used by her husband to pay silver-tongued, right-to-die, ghoulish lawyer George Felos to orchestrate her death, with full court approval.  It is not surprising that Judge George W. Greer received a contribution for his 2004 re-election campaign from this same George Felos.

      Unlike terrorist murderers with mere underwear placed over their heads, the cause celebre of the mainstream media, that same media would not take up this innocent woman's cause, much less with the same investigative zeal as they defend terrorists.

      Shame upon this nation!  Shame upon our institutions.

      On March 22, I wrote and forwarded a message titled, "Terri Schiavo – Passion Week comparison," showing some parallels between the murder of Terri Schiavo and the murder of Jesus, such as both being totally innocent but killed by the rulers of their day.  Since then I have seen several similar messages and articles.  I cannot improve on what's already been said, but there is one other poignant analogy that we should not overlook.

      Terri was only one person, but the intensive, worldwide obsession with her plight tells me that she was chosen to be symbolic, evidence that through her God is sending us a message.

      What is that message?

      SYMBOLISM 1.  Terri Schiavo's body represents America.  Both her death and America's death are decreed by the judicial system.  This is the same system that, beginning with Roe v. Wade in 1973, is responsible for the brutal murder of 45 million or more unborn babies.  It is a system saturated with the blood of millions of innocent people.  All this blood is crying out from the ground, as Abel's blood cried out from the ground in Genesis 4:10.  God is not deaf.

      It is also the same judiciary that has thumbed its nose at God Almighty, declaring Him not wanted and not welcomed in the public arena.

      God has said, "I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19).

      By the actions of its arrogant judiciary, America has chosen death and cursing.  But except for local, elected ones, the judges are nominated by the executive branch of our government and confirmed by the legislative branch; therefore the whole government is complicit.  The policies of death have also been supported by the news media, which are complicit.  Many others are complicit, including a lukewarm, sometimes apostate church which has departed from the faith and has not taken a militant stand against the culture of death. As during Nazi Germany, much of the church has meekly capitulated to the dominant culture and political correctness. Virtually the whole nation is complicit.

      SYMBOLISM 2. Terri has been partially brain dead for years.  By removing God from our government and institutions, America has been partially brain dead for years, since the mid-20th Century.  I say "partially" because there has continued to be strong voices for truth and righteousness, but they are typically drowned out by the shouts of the crowd, the same crowd that in Jesus' day shouted, "Crucify Him."  They did then, and they do now.  The dominant secularists hate Jesus, His servants, and His principles.

      SYMBOLISM 3. Since just before Palm Sunday, Terri's death has been gradual, by starvation and dehydration.  America's death has been gradual, by starvation from the Bread of Life, Jesus (John 6:36), and deprivation of water, symbolic of the Holy Spirit (John 7:38-39) and God's Word (Ephesians 5:25).  Just a public mention of the holy name "Jesus" in modern America can bring attack or ridicule.  Committed Christians who supported Terri were called "fanatics."

      There is a spiritual famine in the land.  God said, "I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD" (Amos 8:11).  The words of the LORD have been proclaimed widely in America more than in any other nation in history, but not many are hearing.

      For America, the famine may not only be spiritually symbolic, but it actually may become physical reality.

      Regarding Terri's plight, a statement issued by the Union of Orthodox Rabbis of the United States and Canada said: "When evil becomes 'legally' sanctioned by government, it rises to a higher order of evil -- that of Sodom. Legality does not dictate morality. The Almighty dictates morality. "America is being tested. Will we pass or will we fail?

      We failed.

      When we are attacked by WMDs (which a U.S. Senate study said was not "if" but "when") the economy may collapse, causing a literal famine from food, and water may be poisoned.  This would cause the nation to literally suffer the same fate of starvation and dehydration as did Terri.

      What a strange irony!

      The psalmist wrote these divinely inspired and chilling words: "God presides over heaven's court; he pronounces judgment on the judges: 'How long will you judges hand down unjust decisions? … But these oppressors know nothing; they are so ignorant! And because they are in darkness, the whole world is shaken to the core'" (Psalm 82:1-5, NLT).

      Brace yourself.  I believe a shaking is coming.

      If I were not a Christian and confident of God's protection, I would head for the hills right now!  Or somewhere.

      The Bible Prophecy Website

      PO Box 640

      Russellville AR 72811