Iraq's rigged elections?

  • pbs@iafrica.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      From: WWW.AfricanCrisis.Org
      From my contacts in the Middle East:-
      "Voter turn out in Iraq was falsified -- actual turn out was probably
      45%. Shiites won, naturally. And as for "democracy", all the ballot
      boxes
      were stuffed in many key locations."

      The above sounds very much like the elections which are run in Southern
      Africa. It could be that to the US Govt... perception=reality. If in
      reality, only 45% supported this... then it really means that Iraqis
      oppose the USA... And I'm sure this will show in later years.

      I hear that the USA and Britain are thinking of withdrawing from Iraq in
      2006. That ought to be interesting to watch...

      Let's first see if 2005 holds any surprises or new developments?

      To my way of thinking... things are quietening down a bit too much, and I
      can't help wondering if the terrorists are planning something big for
      2005.

      Jan
    • pbs@iafrica.com