SPY CASE IN CANADIAN COURTS SUGGESTS US NAVAL OFFICER HAD FREKNOWLEDGE OF 9-11

  • Ed Toner
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
      This story seems incredible at first, but it just won't go away.

      Below is the link for the USS Vreeland FF. Click on the topics at the
      bottom.

      Opinions?

      http://propagandamatrix.com/spy_case_in_canadian_courts.html
      SPY CASE IN CANADIAN COURTS SUGGESTS US NAVAL OFFICER HAD
      FREKNOWLEDGE OF 9-11

      by

      Michael C. Ruppert

      [Copyright 2002, Michael C. Ruppert and From The Wilderness
      Publications,
      http://www.copvcia.com/, all rights reserved. May be reposted,
      reprinted or
      distributed for non-profit purposes only when this statement appears
      with
      the text.]

      Original Link:
      http://www.copvcia.com/free/ww3/01_25_02_revised_012802_vreeland.html

      TORONTO, [Filed January 25, 2002, and Revised January 28, 2002] -
      EDITORIAL
      NOTE: In our original story we indicated that the note written by
      Delmart
      "Mike" Vreeland had been sealed in court records. We based this on a
      misreading of Canadian press stories. In fact, the warning of the
      World
      Trade Center attacks, written by Vreeland on either August 11th or
      12th has
      been introduced into open evidence in Vreeland's case in Toronto.
      Using
      court records in our possession, FTW has scanned the document and it
      is
      available for viewing in this story. We apologize for the error.
      Following
      is a revised story which we feel is the best way to present this
      important
      information in context.]

      ----------

      Delmart Edward "Mike" Vreeland, an American citizen whose claims to
      being a
      US Naval Lieutenant assigned to the Office of Naval Intelligence
      (ONI) are
      being increasingly corroborated in open court, has been in a Canadian
      jail
      since December 6, 2000. On August 11 or 12 of 2001, the date is
      uncertain,
      after trying to verbally alert his Canadian jailers to the coming
      World
      Trade Center attacks, he wrote down key information and sealed it in
      an
      envelope which he then had placed in jailers' custody. This event is
      not
      disputed by Canadian authorities. The letter specifically listed a
      number of
      targets including The Sears Towers, The World Trade Center, The White
      House,
      The Pentagon, The World Bank, The Canadian parliament building in
      Ottawa and
      the Royal Bank in Toronto.

      A chilling sentence follows the list of targets, "Let one happen.
      Stop the
      rest!!!"

      When the envelope was opened on September 14th it set off alarms in
      the US
      and Canada.

      The US wants Vreeland back in the States on a Michigan warrant for
      credit
      card fraud - using his own credit card. Vreeland, convinced that a
      return to
      the US means certain death, wants to stay in Canada in a witness
      protection
      program. His lawyers Rocco Galati and Paul Slansky, two former
      Canadian
      prosecutors, agree with Vreeland's assessment. They should. Both have
      been
      the victims of harassment and threats including dead cats hung on
      porches
      and car windows smashed out in car burglaries.

      The position of the United States government, as represented by Crown
      Solicitors in Toronto, is that all of this is nonsense. Vreeland,
      says the
      Navy, was discharged as a Seaman after a few months of service for
      unsatisfactory performance in 1986. He has never had anything to do
      with
      intelligence according to 1200 pages of Navy records filed in Toronto
      Superior Court.

      "How is it," says Galati, "that the Navy says that he was only in the
      service a few months and then send us a 1200 page personnel file?
      Some of
      the entries are obvious forgeries or alterations and the sanitizing
      of his
      records was done so hurriedly that some dates of medical exams in the
      1990s
      were left intact."

      In a January 10, 2002 tactic worthy of Perry Mason, with the greatest
      possible risk to his client if it failed, attorney Slansky got the
      judge to
      agree to let him call the Pentagon from open court. Using a speaker
      phone,
      in front of at least six witnesses, Slansky first dialed directory
      information and got a number for the Pentagon switchboard. Then,
      calling
      that number he asked the Department of Defense operator to locate the
      office
      of Lt. Delmart Vreeland. Within moments the operator had confirmed
      Vreeland'
      s posting, his rank as a Lieutenant O-3, his room number and given
      Slansky
      his direct-dial number.

      All of this is a part of the court record.

      On January 17, as this writer sat in the courtroom, another mind-
      numbing
      event occurred.

      As Vreeland sat shackled in a corner, closely flanked by two guards,
      the
      Crown Solicitor sought to debunk Vreeland's assertions that he had
      been
      assigned to travel to Moscow to review and retrieve highly technical
      and
      classified documents pertaining to Russian and Chinese efforts to
      counter
      the proposed US "Star Wars" missile defense system. [Ed note: FTW
      believes
      this to be a cover story.] "Why," said the Crown Solicitor, "would
      the US
      choose, in a case involving some of the most highly technical
      intelligence,
      a random seaman with training in the tool and die field." The point
      that
      someone discharged in 1986 with no special training and rank would be
      sent
      to review technical documents sounded reasonable - assuming that
      Vreeland's
      background was as the Solicitor argued.

      The reasonableness vanished a few moments later as the Crown Solicitor
      argued that Vreeland, who has been in jail and without access to a
      computer
      for thirteen months, had somehow cracked the Pentagon's personnel
      records
      and inserted his name, an office number, and telephone extension into
      the
      Pentagon database.

      No one except for Vreeland and attorney Galati seemed to notice the
      contradiction.

      The Crown Solicitor ventured further through the looking glass by then
      arguing that Vreeland, having certain papers in his possession at the
      time
      of his arrest, had memorized Russian and Albanian documents and then
      had
      translated them from memory. Vreeland doesn't speak Russian or
      Albanian. The
      judge, noticing this stretch of credibility, asked the Solicitor to
      restate
      the point. The argument then became that Vreeland had an unnamed
      colleague
      go to an unspecified web site, print Russian and Albanian documents
      for him,
      and then used foreign language dictionaries to translate them.

      Vreeland's extradition process could take years and his time in jail
      has not
      been easy. There have been threats, illnesses and his every move is
      watched.
      Galati and Slansky wonder how long his psyche will hold up. The
      history of
      jailhouse deaths of key witnesses leans heavily in favor of Vreeland's
      belief that he could be killed at any moment. His apparent strategy
      is to
      not reveal any accurate Top Secret material to either his lawyers or
      the
      press, hoping that his silence will provide him with some support
      from US
      clandestine services. This a standard approach taken in dozens of
      similar
      cases researched by FTW in the past They include the cases - well
      known in
      research circles - of William Tyree and Michael Riconosciuto. Tyree
      has been
      jailed on a questionable murder conviction since 1979 and
      Riconosciuto on a
      variety or drug-related charges since the early 1990s. Both men have
      been
      directly connected to CIA and other intelligence operations by
      official
      documents.

      "We don't need to know and we don't want to know the secret
      details, "says
      Galati. "They're not necessary for us to do the job of keeping our
      client
      alive and in Canada. He faces a special danger in the US because he
      has also
      been an informant against an organized crime family in Michigan where
      the
      criminal charges originate. The most he is facing there is two years
      but we
      believe he might not live for two days in that system."

      Additional press reports indicate that Vreeland's intelligence work
      was
      connected to drug smuggling - a much more likely reason for his trip
      Moscow. And the history of the relations between Naval Intelligence
      and the
      mafia is documented as far back as the Second World War when ONI
      officers
      made deals with convicted mafia don Lucky Luciano and his lieutenant
      Vito
      Genovese to protect New York docks and assist with the subsequent
      Allied
      invasion and occupation of Italy.

      Mike Vreeland is one man who, in a rational world, could totally
      expose the
      complicity of the US government in the attacks of September 11th. No
      one has
      disputed what he wrote and stuffed into that envelope. In a rational
      world
      that would be the most pressing and public inquiry of all. The two
      questions
      remaining are whether Vreeland will live and whether or not he will
      ever
      tell what he knows. That may be a mutually exclusive proposition.

      FTW has retained the services of freelance journalist Greta Knutsen in
      Toronto to report on developments in this critical case for our
      subscribers.
      Important updates will be posted and sent out via subscriber bulletin
      to our
      readers as they become available.

      Additional links:
      http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0210/S00005.htm

      USS Vreeland
      http://members.freespeech.org/ltvreeland/
    • buddiebuddiee
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
        Here's another link on this story,Eddie.

        http://www.guerrillanews.com/intelligence/doc749.html

        Buddie