Electronics...

  • pbs@iafrica.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi All,
      I'm just sending this out as a general query... in case someone has an
      answer or can point me in the right direction....

      I'm interested in learning electronics - but in a practical way so that I
      can construct my own simple circuit boards, etc.

      I'm particularly interested in doing something practical, after hours, in
      Johannesburg...

      But if anyone has any experience in electronics and can give advice I'd
      appreciate it.

      One of my co-workers said he did a part-time course over a few months and
      that's how he learned. He went on to design and sell a computer system
      which hooks up to petrol pumps.
      The problem is... that the place he went and did the part-time practical
      course with... actually went out of business!!! (Typical)... So I'm
      trying to find something similar...
      If anyone has any ideas or suggestions... just fire away...

      I know there are correspondence courses... but I'm not sure if that will
      be as effective...

      Cheers,
      Jan