Re: Brian Walski

  • buddiebuddiee
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
      Interesting site you posted.

      Question to all here. WHY is it that WESTERN values are FORCED at
      GUNPOINT upon easterners? WHY is there a need for a McDonald's at
      every corner of the world? Are we human beings corralled into ONE WAY
      of eating and THINKING?? Is THIS the DEMISE of the human species ?

      Buddie

      --- In oldright@yahoogroups.com, The Webfairy <webfairy@t...> wrote:
      > So what was the issue with Brian Walski
      > Too sympathetic a portrayal of Muslims?
      > http://www.foto8.com/issue03/kashmir01.html
      >
      > He wasn't singing party songs to the coup, and got set up?
      > That's my betcha.
      >

      > sartrejp wrote:
      > >
      > > Buddie,
      > >
      > > This account answers your question. I only do commentary.
      Everyone is
      > > responsible to do their own research and thinking.
      > >
      > > The 'Strappado Wrack article - News you can distrust - April 6,
      2003
      > > http://pages.zdnet.com/sartre65/wrack/id22.html
      > >
      > > "BREAKING ALL THE RULES writes on current events, but consciously
      avoids any
      > > news reporting. Why? The candid answer, is that we won't trust
      our own
      > > ability to report accurately on happenings that are fed off the
      news wire,
      > > sources that may be suspect, images that are often faked (see LA
      Times
      > > photographer Brian Walski), planted disinformation or personal
      objectivity.
      > > The role of commentary is quite different from the function of
      reporting.
      > > Analysis, when done well; brings and highlights valid conclusions
      into
      > > focus. The honest pundit, never apologies for their own bias; but
      has a
      > > responsibility to express what those bents are and any agenda
      that drives
      > > the critique. Commentary doesn't present itself as objective
      factual
      > > reporting, but always needs to conform to the principles of logic
      and sound
      > > reasoning. What is the meaning of events, the consequences of
      ideology and
      > > policy, the nature of institutions, and the moral dimensions of
      particular
      > > actions and outcomes; are the major themes for conscientious
      commentary."

      > > SARTRE

      Re: Visit