Re: [oldright] Brian Walski

  • The Webfairy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
      So what was the issue with Brian Walski
      Too sympathetic a portrayal of Muslims?
      http://www.foto8.com/issue03/kashmir01.html

      He wasn't singing party songs to the coup, and got set up?
      That's my betcha.

      sartrejp wrote:

      > Buddie,
      >
      > This account answers your question. I only do commentary. Everyone is
      > responsible to do their own research and thinking.
      >
      > The 'Strappado Wrack article - News you can distrust - April 6, 2003
      > http://pages.zdnet.com/sartre65/wrack/id22.html
      >
      > "BREAKING ALL THE RULES writes on current events, but consciously avoids any
      > news reporting. Why? The candid answer, is that we won't trust our own
      > ability to report accurately on happenings that are fed off the news wire,
      > sources that may be suspect, images that are often faked (see LA Times
      > photographer Brian Walski), planted disinformation or personal objectivity.
      > The role of commentary is quite different from the function of reporting.
      > Analysis, when done well; brings and highlights valid conclusions into
      > focus. The honest pundit, never apologies for their own bias; but has a
      > responsibility to express what those bents are and any agenda that drives
      > the critique. Commentary doesn't present itself as objective factual
      > reporting, but always needs to conform to the principles of logic and sound
      > reasoning. What is the meaning of events, the consequences of ideology and
      > policy, the nature of institutions, and the moral dimensions of particular
      > actions and outcomes; are the major themes for conscientious commentary."
      >
      > SARTRE

    • buddiebuddiee
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
        Interesting site you posted.

        Question to all here. WHY is it that WESTERN values are FORCED at
        GUNPOINT upon easterners? WHY is there a need for a McDonald's at
        every corner of the world? Are we human beings corralled into ONE WAY
        of eating and THINKING?? Is THIS the DEMISE of the human species ?

        Buddie