YOU WILL OBEY!! Letter alleges captain diverted plane because family [politely] complained about in-flight film

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2013

      From: Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S.
      Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2013 1:26 PM
      Subject: YOU WILL OBEY!! Letter alleges captain diverted plane because family [politely] complained about in-flight film

      http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/letter-alleges-captain-diverted-plane-because-family-complained-184854344.html

      [begin quote]

      The captain, apparently, felt that our complaint constituted grave danger to the aircraft, crew and the other passengers, and that this danger justified inconveniencing his crew, a few of whom "timed out" during the diversion, and a full plane of your customers, causing dozens of them to miss their connections, wasting time, precious jet fuel, and adding to United's carbon footprint.

      Not to mention unnecessarily involving several of Chicago's finest, two Border Protection officers and several United and ORD managers, and an FBI agent, who all met us at the gate.

      After we were interviewed (for less than 5 minutes), our identities and backgrounds checked, we were booked on the next flight to BWI, and had to linger in the terminal for hours with our exhausted and terrified little boys.

      [end excerpt]